Mimic a mimic?

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Sillara
Bystander
Bystander

Mimic a mimic?

Postby Sillara » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:34 am

I have not seen this topic addressed, and I am afraid it might come up in our campaign. What happens if a mimic tries to mimic a mimic?

Suppose Mimic A meets Superhero Bob and mimics him. Mimic B then meets Mimic A (who is currently mimicking Superhero Bob). What does Mimic B end up with? Does Mimic B end up with Mimic A's own powers (the mimic power and anything else the mimic has of his own) or with Superhero Bob's powers?

My initial reaction is that Mimic B would end up with Mimic A's PERSONAL powers, not the ones that Mimic A is currently mimicking. Is that right? I just cannot justify Mimic B, who never even SAW Superhero Bob, coming out of the situation with those powers.

Is there any official ruling on this? Or even just someone's past experience? Thanks in advance!

Sillara

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Geraturatu » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:13 am

I do believe that you just copy the Mimic A's original abilities. For Superhero Bob's abilities, You'd have to pay Bob a visit.

Sillara
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sillara » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 pm

Thank you! That is what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. :D

Sillara

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”