Natural Weapon

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Natural Weapon

Postby Geraturatu » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:45 pm

Can you get multiple weapons with this? Like say, fangs and bone blades.

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Generally, you pick one natural weapon when you buy the power, you'd have to ask your DM about it.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Geraturatu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm trying to make a vampire like creature that can make bone like projections come out of his arms. I saw Natural Weapons with some drain for the teeth would work.

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Geraturatu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:15 pm

How would I make a vampire like person with those? I would appreciate any tips.

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:59 pm

Just buy Natural Weapon, and define it as being both 'teeth and bone spurs'. If you want him to be able to attack with both at once, you could invest in the Two Weapon Fighting feats (did they have them in 1e? Been so long I honestly can't remember :) ), but there's no need to purchase two different Natural Weapons.

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Vampire Spawning?

Postby Geraturatu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:50 am

How would I do the Spawning ability of the Vampires with Duplication? Or should I make a new power altogether? I already planned to have Drain with a custom flaw that he has to hit with a bite. But Duplication doesn't have anything for turning someone else into it. I was thinking that I could make a Power Stunt for it, but wasn't too sure. And the fact that they don't have the ability after turning into one, I could always have an extra for that.

Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dirigible » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:54 pm

You'd probably be best treating it as a plot device; anyone who's bitten by a vampire, if they're not given whatever cure or ritual can prevent it before, say, the next nightfall, becomes a vampire.

MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

My 2 capes on the matter

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Vampires bite could be an 'Drain' with 'Incurable' (2e Extra/Stunt) on it ... meaning that each time the person get's bitten he loses that much CON (drop attribute and modifiers) ... the second night he gets bitten againg ... for a cumalitive effect until he runs out of CON.

At which point he turns to a vampire.

The problem with Drain is that to you need to slow down the recover from rounds to days.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”