i feel like i'm abusing the rules here

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

i feel like i'm abusing the rules here

Postby peteyrock » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:36 am

a week ago, i created a power suit character for the fun of it (inspired while playing some Metal Gear Solid). i realized that if i gave the suit the exhausted flaw (after extreme effort, character is exhausted), each rank in Device (Suit) would cost only 1 power point! that means that for each power point going into that, i get 5 to distribute amongst the suit traits. on top of that, suit traits can be nearly anything (at least representing physical and sense enhancements). granted, an exhausted character is a useless character. but i very, very, very rarely use extreme effort anyway! this seems extremely unbalanced. have i missed something?

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Wed May 23, 2007 8:00 pm

You my friend, are not really missing anything, as 1e is incredibly easy to break, and get tons of effects for very little points. GM's can help control this, but as long as you can give a reasonable explanation, then you can have it. :D
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”