innmunities suffocation

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

innmunities suffocation

Postby Rickynet » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:44 pm

if a character's players has inmunitties for suffocation, he don't need breath or he dosn't breath at all, i asking for the gas generation power and others like that

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:59 pm

I would say he would be ok, since that should mean he doesn't need to breath.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Chiller
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Chiller » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:14 pm

When immune to suffocation, it can mean one of several things, though all with the same effect, game wise. Either the person has a mask or other air supply that means he doesn't need to worry about breathing the air around him, or he has no need to breath, like a vampire. Either way, he could avoid gas attacks that require the gas to be inhaled simply by either using his alternate air supply, or not breathing. But gas attacks that cause damage on contact, or don't need to be inhaled, would still get by it. Real world equivalents of things that would get past immunity: suffocation would be things like mustard gas, which is highly corrosive, or some nerve gasses, which only need contact with the skin to work. Immunity to suffocation would not be a sure defense against biological weapons either.

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:49 am

thanks i have 2 players's charcters with inmunities suffocation, one is like vampire has incorporeal and another not, in the case of the incorporeal the gas didn't touch by contact

thanks

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”