Is M&M just for 'Power Gamers'

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Is M&M just for 'Power Gamers'

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:34 pm

I disagree, however a lot of posts here tend to have problems that sound as though they are just the result of players wanting to annihilate anything not in there group.

Can anyone recommend a source/book for those who 'roleplay' the M&M game?

thx

MMD

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:07 pm

I think I read somewhere that the D20 system is built around combat, way back from the first DnD game! But just because a game is made a certain way doesn't mean that it's the only way to play!

Besides the sections in the main book (and I think the annual) there's not much out there. My group has always been more about the characters and motivations than about busting heads!

So indepth were my characterizations that I had people on MySpace thinking they were real! (I've since pulled those profiles), but if you want more characterization and story in your games, go for it!
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

Good_Omen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Good_Omen » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:13 pm

I am in agreement with Roman. I've been playing with the same group for almost thirteen years. We tend to use GURPS for most of our games because you can make nearly any kind of character with it. We use the rules to figure out what our characters capabilities are and then go from there. I think I've only rolled dice a half dozen times in about as many years.
"The truth is, you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin' Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the Shepard."

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”