1E for Star Wars

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Mencelus
Bystander
Bystander

1E for Star Wars

Postby Mencelus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:00 pm

Not really a rules question but I figure to post it here for 1E folks (and if not, Mods, please move it to the appropriate place, thank you).

I've got both editions of the game but recently decided to use 1E for an upcoming Star Wars game (running a Post-Apocalypse BESM game at the moment, so I've go some time to plan).

My question is, is there any site or info anyone has on 1E Star Wars projects? I've got the Annual and GGtG to help me, but wouldn't mind a boost up, and my search-fu is weak. Thanks.

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:31 pm

what about star war, do you want in your game, jedi powers?

i have the star wars manual in pdf, i dind'nt make any conversion of jedi powers yet

Mencelus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mencelus » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:14 pm

I don't have the main d20 Star Wars books, so I can't convert anything over.

Bascially, my plan is to create the powers from a basic level. I was also thinking of getting rid of the powers level cap so that powers can be as high as players want, but keeping the other limits in place (skill levels, attack bonus, etc).

Which is better - conversion of powers or creation from the ground up?

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:26 pm

i think the best is create the power based on the jedi's power

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

hmmm

Postby peteyrock » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 am

that's actually not a bad idea. i spent some dough and time collecting enough of the D20 Star Wars books to keep me happy. it still seems very...limited. and, from what i've read, the new core book coming out will only muck things up some more. i feel it necessary to say that's my own personal opinion. my fellow nerds at the local tabletop actually get pretty defensive when i voice this.
for jedi powers, telekinesis wouldn't be bad to look into. lightsaber damage will be something of a challenge. i would use the ranged weapon equipment table already presented for blaster, but i would up the damage. getting his by a blaster bolt has to suck more than getting hit by a bullet. use of powers like super-strength would have to severely limited. probably to the degree that only Wookies can use and can only have one rank. things of that nature. it would take a while to set up, but it would also free up a lot of gameplay opportunities.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”