super speed and sleight of hand

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Kid Mental
Bystander
Bystander

super speed and sleight of hand

Postby Kid Mental » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:55 am

Does having the power super speed grant a bonus to sleight of hand checks? I haven't seen this addressed anywhere (I'm still using 1e) but seems like it should.

MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Super Sped Up Pick Pocket?

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:39 am

If anything you need to slow down to perform such an action.

To think otherwise is like asking for a bonus from Super Speed to perform a rapid Treat Injury check on a badly injured comrade.

That's my two cents.

Kid Mental
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kid Mental » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:09 pm

Hmm. Slow down? Perhaps if you were reaching into someone's pocket or a similiar situation something I suppose. I guess I was thinking there is an item on the table and you want to grab it without attracting anyone's attention. I would think superspeed would make it a more difficult spot check for potential observers.

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:17 pm

You must remeber though, Sleight of Hand is a Dextrous skill, therefore, not matter how fast you are, if you're clumsy about it, you'll most likely still get caught. If you want it to give you a bonus though, just buy Super Skill (Sleight of Hand) as an extra of your Super Speed
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Re: super speed and sleight of hand

Postby The Trapster » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:52 am

Kid Mental wrote:Does having the power super speed grant a bonus to sleight of hand checks? I haven't seen this addressed anywhere (I'm still using 1e) but seems like it should.
The player has the pay for any power OR skill that the character should be able to do. No character can get stuff for free.
Make it an Extra if it fits the character's concept or charge the a Hero Point.
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”