Weight a minute, where are the armour weights in these books

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Weight a minute, where are the armour weights in these books

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:03 am

I recently noticed that 1e and 2e has no weights given for the different armour types.

I check in 2e and it seems the same oversite is presented there too.

2. Under leather armour (modern) it speaks of a biker's jacket as being the equivalent to leather armour in contemporary times.

What about just a leather jacket and pants you purchase to look cool (&80-$350)? How much do they weight? And how much do they protect?

Given my own experience:) I judge that if you make a successful Reflex save vs. the mishap, then you get the +1 on the toughness save. Otherwise, if you fail the reflex save (not an actual rule in 1e or 2e) you get nothing.

Thank you in advance for any help.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:35 am

Equipment wieghts are negligible in a super heroic setting. In other words you're either so weak you don't generally carry gear or you are so strong you won't notoice a load untill you are in the 100lb+ range.

If you want wieghts you can
a) pull them from other games where "real world physics" are more important
b) decide how much stuff weighs based on your own experiences
c) look up real weights on the internet
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:31 am

:D

Thanks, I found that they have a detailed list in d20 MOdern Core around p 109 and lifting tables around pg 40.

How do I augement armour? Is the system in 2e only?

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:48 pm

MindMelterDeluxe wrote::D

Thanks, I found that they have a detailed list in d20 MOdern Core around p 109 and lifting tables around pg 40.

I don't know what you mean.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Clarification

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:20 pm

farik wrote:
MindMelterDeluxe wrote::D

I don't know what you mean.

I meant that I found the weights for armour types in d20 modern around p109 and the tables for lifting/encumberance on p40 +/-.

Re: Armour options
I was asking if there are rules for putting options/augmentations on armour (device).

Can the Armour super power just be a suit of armour that appears out of nowhere ... to me it seems more likely and economical than assuming my player always has access to say Studded Leather Armour.
I assume that it would cost 2PLs/rank then?
Afterall, where in your city would your player get that after all LOL, the museum ?

Any other ideas, let me know.

thx

MMD

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Clarification

Postby Rickynet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:20 pm

MindMelterDeluxe wrote:
I meant that I found the weights for armour types in d20 modern around p109 and the tables for lifting/encumberance on p40 +/-.

Re: Armour options
I was asking if there are rules for putting options/augmentations on armour (device).

Can the Armour super power just be a suit of armour that appears out of nowhere ...

that is exactly how i used armor power with my players, if for any reason the armor power can't be activate, the players dosn't have an armor

MindMelterDeluxe wrote:to me it seems more likely and economical than assuming my player always has access to say Studded Leather Armour.
I assume that it would cost 2PLs/rank then?

in 1e armor power cost is 1

MindMelterDeluxe wrote:
Afterall, where in your city would your player get that after all LOL, the museum ?

Any other ideas, let me know.

thx

MMD

you can think d&d style, can exist an armory in one of you cities arround the globe

MindMelterDeluxe
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Armour Power in the above

Postby MindMelterDeluxe » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Armour is considered to a thing that can be taken away, broken, etc. Thus it has the 'device flaw'. However, if your armour just appears when you will it as part of TK or some other power ... I've decided that it costs 2/rank since it is not a device. However, if I do that it conflicts with the Force Field power ... which compared to what I just wrote and the 1e errata seems less effective.

To remedy this I make Force Field transparent and incapable of concealing anything (it glows anyway afterall).

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”