Errata & FAQ Updates

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
gnownek
Cohort
Cohort

Postby gnownek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:28 pm

Well, a gadgets power that can only be reset at home, and can only replicate normal items must be cheaper than a normal gadgets power.
At present I can only model a gadgets power that is more 'super-science'
than 'punisher' type technology....

arcady
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby arcady » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:15 pm

The present gadgets power is 1pp/r - the cheapest any power - CAN - be. You can put all the flaws on it you want, they just aren't worth anything.

Nothing says it has to model super science. That's just concept. You should no more get a discount for sticking to normal devices than you would for having a power that is sourced from training rather than mutation.

gnownek
Cohort
Cohort

Postby gnownek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:06 pm

I don't want to bog down the errata section with discussion.
Its a place for suggestions not debate.

drfeck
Groupie
Groupie

A few questions about grappling....

Postby drfeck » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:42 pm

A question about grappling....

Say Doc Ock hits and sucessful grapples spidey with 2 of his limbs. He now can either pin him or damage him right? Say he chooses to pin him. The next round say spidey wins inative and tries to escape and fails. Now its Doc Ock's turn again.

Can Doc Ock hit spidey with his other two limbs? Does he need a to hit roll if he does? Does spidey keep his dex bonus even though he is still pinned? Can doc ock use power attack or surpise strike on spidey(assuming he has those feats)? Can Doc Ocks buddy mysertrio (w/surpise strike)who is not in the grapple hit spidey w/no dex bonus and +4 to hit. Does Spidey's combat sense help him? If Spidey's combat sense was not working(for some reason) how would the above example work out?

faenril
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby faenril » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:24 am

errata : page 95 FEATS WITH FLAWS

"flaws lay be applied to both standard and super-feats (including power stunts)" it should be precised that power stunts are an exception to this rule.

page 111 Power stunts: as a power stunt, dual damage costs 1 power point, yi should be corrected to 2 pp

page 112 : the python i rifle must be 15 pp and not 14

see
Steve Kenson in the official Rules Questions wrote:Super-Feats may have flaws applied to them (including the Device flaw). Power Stunts may not have flaws applied to their final cost. This will be explained in greater detail in the Annual
Now! This is it!
Now is the time to choose!
Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow!
Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Circeus
Hireling
Hireling

Paralysis

Postby Circeus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:31 am

Erratas:

Page 32
Under "Demolition", change the skill description to "You know how to create and set explosive device"

It makes no sense to say "disarm": You can't!! That's the Disable Device skill

Page 78
As described, Paralysis is a Concentration power ("if you concentrate on maintaining the...") and it's extra, Sustained ("With only a free action"): Continuous powers doesn't need a free action!

Either rework the description of change the durations back to Concentration and Sustained. Also, the power should cost 3, as proven with Suffocate, which also has a duration extra on an attack power, unless I am missing something?

faenril
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Paralysis

Postby faenril » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:24 am

Circeus wrote:Paralysis is a Concentration power ("if you concentrate on maintaining the...") and it's extra, Sustained ("With only a free action"): Continuous powers doesn't need a free action!
Paralysis is not a Continuous power but a concentration one so the extra sustained is right

here is the order of the duration : instant, concentration, sustained, continuous and permanent.
Now! This is it!

Now is the time to choose!

Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow!

Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Circeus
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Circeus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:57 am

Directly from the Errata file:

P. 78: PARALYSIS
Change the power’s Duration to Sustained and the name of the extra to
Continuous.

:wink:

I don't know where it had previsously been posted, but I didn't find it anywhere.

telekinetic-spiderman
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby telekinetic-spiderman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:03 am

im to lazy to read the entier 14 pages of errata, so im gona ask now,

what are the rules for telekinesis when it comes to throwing people, and throwing objects at people.

such as flinging a steal bat at someones head, or picking someone up and lobing them at a brick wall(head first)

pleas include such information as the speads/ or the dmg bonus (would you apply your rank as a mod to dmg bonus plus the weapons bonus,so a rank 10 telekinetic would through a larg nail of dmg bonus +3, at someone, supposing theyd hit, theyd score a rol for dmg of d20 + 13)

then what you would do when throwing someone, how much dmg they would attain (ex// hardness of surface + rank maby?)

if this could be explained in the errata, and possibly the uppcoming edditions it would be greatly helpful.
I AM QUANTUM,
all inanimat matter is at my control!!!!!

The Stray
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby The Stray » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:38 pm

From the Errata file on improvised weapons:

Such objects have a damage bonus equal to the character's strength bonus or twice the object's hardness, whichever is less.

I'd say that ramming someone with a steel bat would follow this rule with an exception: instead of your strength bonus, you use your Telekinesis rank to determine the object's damage bonus, the bonus of your rank superceeding the damage bonus of the object. In the case of ramming someone through a wall, use the wall's hardness or the telekinesis rank to determine the damage.

From the FAQ:

Telekinesis can move objects at a speed of 5 ft. per rank, much like movement powers, so Telekinesis +10 can move objects 50 ft. per half action.

Of course, If I were the GM, I'd be ruling that you need the Energy Blast extra to deal damage with telekinesis at all (unless you're pulling the person into the air and then dropping them), but that's just me. :P
M&M is not the system for reproducing real science. It's the system for tying real science to a chair and taunting it while you fly around blasting people with the heat of your x-ray vision.

Tales of a Dark City (2e)
Return To Dark City (3e)

MagusRogue
Groupie
Groupie

Postby MagusRogue » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:35 am

I just have to say, i like the errata now. ESSPPPPPPPEEEECCCCCCCIIIIIIIAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYY the errata to Neutralize. Now I can take away superpowers again!!!!!!

BTW, I am correct in that the Innate extra is for things like race stuff? IE, a bird has wings, and thus the wings can never be taken away?

And are we gonna get errata for Freedom City? Especially to update it to the new version of M&M?
AAAAaaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd this rant's done.

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:22 am

MagusRogue wrote:BTW, I am correct in that the Innate extra is for things like race stuff? IE, a bird has wings, and thus the wings can never be taken away?

That's what I took it to mean, yeah. An Elephant's always a Huge critter, you can't Drain or Neutrlize it's Growth +8 (though you could Mimic it). You proboably sholdn't be able to Transfer it, either, since Transfer's just a linked Dain/Mimic.

Were the rules for pricing vehicles and/or the sample vehicle prices ever fixed? Quite a few of the vehicles costs seem off.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Shadow » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:12 pm

Dr Archeville wrote:An Elephant's always a Huge critter, you can't Drain or Neutrlize it's Growth +8 (though you could Mimic it).

Yes, but it does seem odd that you can't Drain its Strength with poison or the like. Perhaps the Innate only applies to the Immovability and the sheer size?
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:24 pm

Or, a simpler way -- Drain it's Strength (ability), but not it's Super-Strength (power). Per pg. 25, "A Strength score of 0 means the hero collapses, helpless and unable to move." Ranks in Super-Str don't add to the Strength score, they add to Strength-based skill checks and Strength checks, so even if it's still got Super-Str 8 (from Growth), it'll still collapse helplessly when its Strength ability score is Drained.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Shadow » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:44 pm

Ummm. Don't ranks of super-abilities come off first?
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”