Need some technical help

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Nitro
Bystander
Bystander

Need some technical help

Postby Nitro » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:30 pm

hey all!!... I am building a character for an M&M campaign but as I am kind of new to the game I need help in this specific matter:

I want my character to fly so I gave him the FLIGHT superpower, along with the Super Flight power stunt (yes yes it is first edition I am playing)... I also want it to be fast... so I thought some ranks in Super Speed would do it... but then it came:

if I want to Fly it consumes a Half action, but to fly Sprinting with the Super Flight extra takes a full action... so how could I Sprint while flying and at the same time use Super Speed to Fly faster?????? (super speed takes another half action so in all it would be an action and a half)

I thought the feat Heroic Surge would rather solve it but its usage is kinda limited (once per day for each 4 ranks in CON).

the character is a level 10 paragon type.

any help on how to do it would be apreciated...

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Greyman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:38 am

You don't use Super-Speed to fly faster. Super-speed only provides a ground movement rate.

You need to take more ranks in Flight (Super Flight) to fly faster. Unfortunately in 1ed, all powers are capped by power level. But you could try talking your GM into lifting that restriction, or converting to second edition (or just adopting some of the new rules).

I also suggest you try posting 1ed questions on the Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e) boards for better responses from active 1ed players.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:35 am

moved for better response
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”