Gadgets got me all confused....

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:03 pm

Don't use the Gadgets power. Use the Weapon power. Or better yet, get Gimmick's Guide to Gadgets. There are expanded rules to creating many devices, including ranged and melee weapons. I used Gimmick's to help make these weapons

Long Range's Rifle 48pp (Weapon +10, 4pp/rank + 8pp)
-Silencer (Base DC 10 Listen check to hear weapon fire) +1pp
-AP Bullets (Penetrating Attack) +1pp
-Darkvision +1pp
-Autofire +1pp/rank
-Range (Sight) +1pp/rank
-Telescopic Scope (Telescopic Sense [Sight], Targeting Scope*) +1pp/rank
-Grenade (Weapon with Area Extra) +5, +5pp

*[for each uninterrupted 1/2 action spent aiming, you gain a +1 to your attack against your target, up to your ranks in this extra. You are considered flat-footed while aiming in this manner.]

Sawed Off Shotgun 18pp (Weapon +6, 3pp/rank)
-Scatter Gun* +2pp/rank

*[This weapon delivers a spread of fire across a wide area, much like a shotgun or similar weapon. It could use a spread of pellets, or it might project a dispersed screen of energy, whatever fits your weapon best. When fired, this weapon projects a cone that is 5 feet x the attack power’s ranks in length. Normally, you cannot choose to change between a cone and a normal attack. If you increase this extra’s cost to 2 points per rank, you can change between firing modes as a free action.]

What do you think? He can fire his Rifle up to three times, at a target up to 10240 feet away. The Grenade is set at half the power of the gun, but does a 25 foot radius blast.

I gave the Shotgun the ability to switch between a scatter shot and a solid slug, just in case he needed to hit a target, but couldn't hit the others around the target, say civilian hostages
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. If you want, I'll stat up other stuff from Sigma 6 for you if you need it. Just PM me or talk to me on a messenger.

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:27 pm

hmmm, check for my name for the creator of a thread called "Sigma Six 1E" in tomorrow, I should have at least one of them up by then.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”