Alternate Form : Electricity

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
christophe
Bystander
Bystander

Alternate Form : Electricity

Postby christophe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:01 am

Greetings all

Sorry in advance for my poor english.

Can a hero with Alternate Form : Electricity use electrical cables to move into a computer and make it explode ?

Thanks

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:11 am

If you have chosen to be an energy field of damage, instead of firing energy bolts, I guess you could just walk into the space where the computer is, and do power rank damage to it. The using the power cables to enter the computer would just be a cinematic effect. So, I don't believe it would take an extra do to it. Possibly a power stunt, but that would be it.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

christophe
Bystander
Bystander

Postby christophe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:13 am

Thanks

The situation is : there is a computer to destroy in a building. The character know where it is. He decides to transform himself in electricity to folow electrical cables up to the computer and destroy it. Is it possible for you ?

Notice that I am the Gamemaster. :wink:

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:26 am

Well, since a character with "Alternate Form: (Any energy type)" Has Incoporeal and Flight, so why doesn't he just fly up through the building and then go in the computer?

If stealth is needed because it is a normal office building and the supers can't be seen, then it's really up to you as the GM whether or not it needs a power stunt or not. Since his body is made up completely of electricity, I really don't see a problem with travelling on the power cables.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank

Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”