several question,create a power, deflection, natural 20

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

several question,create a power, deflection, natural 20

Postby Rickynet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:32 pm

1.- if i wanna power that has action "reaction" y have to pay the extras to reach "reaction" or simple has reaction', i have a new player a "ninja" and he want a power that when he is attack appear from "nothing" a trunk, how i pull form nothing the trunk?

2.- how dos really work deflection with extra: rapid, reflection
he reflect the damage of the attack?
he reflect the attack before the damage?

the power say it is for "strike, energy blast, natural weapon"

3.- if i have a player's character injuried with 5 (lethal or non lethal) and he roll a natural 20 for his roll save, i substract the 5 before or after, if is after that is not a "success"

thanks

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm

1) Well, because if you want a power to be able to activate more quickly than normal, you have to pay more points for it. Also. Do you mean "appear from nothing" as in like teleporting and attacking, or turning visible from invisible?

2)Strike: For this, it would be making them hit themselves.
For example: If you were using martial arts, it would be like you used your skill to change the path of their fist to make it hit their own body. This is how it would work for Natural Weapon too.

Energy Blast: For this, in whatever shape the blast has, you reflect it back at them.
For example: If they shot a big ball of fire at you, your deflection would send the ball of fire back at the one who shot it at you.

3) Unless you have house rules for that say otherwise, the only place rolling twenty on the dice is special, is when you are attacking something. Anywhere else, it's just the best roll you can make, it doesn't automatically mean you are successful.

Hope this helps. I'll be able to give a better opinion on #1 after you clarify it a bit.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Evendur wrote:1) Well, because if you want a power to be able to activate more quickly than normal, you have to pay more points for it. Also. Do you mean "appear from nothing" as in like teleporting and attacking, or turning visible from invisible?

teleporting it is something like a game, i dont remember the name now
Evendur wrote:2)Strike: For this, it would be making them hit themselves.
For example: If you were using martial arts, it would be like you used your skill to change the path of their fist to make it hit their own body. This is how it would work for Natural Weapon too.

ok, then is after the damage ie
pg 1.- attack to numer pg 2
pg 2.- deflection is activate then can reflect the attack
pg 1.- make the damage roll (d20 + strike rank)
pg 1.- himselves make the amount of damage
pg 1.- can try a damage save?

what happend if you have inmunity power feat?

Evendur wrote:Energy Blast: For this, in whatever shape the blast has, you reflect it back at them.
For example: If they shot a big ball of fire at you, your deflection would send the ball of fire back at the one who shot it at you.

3) Unless you have house rules for that say otherwise,

i don't remeber that i say :p

Evendur wrote:the only place rolling twenty on the dice is special, is when you are attacking something. Anywhere else, it's just the best roll you can make, it doesn't automatically mean you are successful.

Hope this helps. I'll be able to give a better opinion on #1 after you clarify it a bit.

ye very helpfull thanks

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:01 pm

If they have Power Immunity, then a reflected energy blast would have no effect, but any reflected Strike, or Natural Weapon attack would still deal damage equal to the attacker's Strength bonus.

And this is how it would go

Hero #1: Attack Roll to hit Hero #2.

Hero #2: Deflection Check to reflect the attack back at Hero #1.
a)If the check fails, Hero #2 makes a Damage save equal to Hero #1's Strength+Strike ranks.

b) If the check is successful, the attack is reflected, and then Hero#1 makes a Damage save equal to his/her own Strength+Strike. Unless they have Power Immunity, then it would just be Strength
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank

Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”