1E Darth Vader

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Mencelus
Bystander
Bystander

1E Darth Vader

Postby Mencelus » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:34 am

I put this in the GM section, but maybe it belongs here?

I have M&M 1E, no way to buy 2nd, so, with that out of the way:

I am going to do a Star Wars game, and was wondering how to build Darth Vader's armor/cyborg suit. That is, the 1E gurus, what's the best way to stat it out. Assume he's a PL10 (I want him to be a badass to the PCs' PL 6).

I have M&M 1E revised, GGTG, and the Annual.

Gurus, you're my only hope!

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:26 pm

Well, and I apologize if I'm wrong, this is what I would do it as:

Armor +10 (23pp)
-Extras: Immunity (choose 10 immunities)
-Features: Sloped, Reflective, Voice Modulator

And maybe some regeneration and/or mental protection?

But again, I'm not much of a star wars fanatic, so I may be missing stuff here
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Bizarro
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bizarro » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:09 pm

thougth about a generic Jedi for this, actually.

Weapon +10 for the lightsaber. Extra: Disintegration (inanimate objects like doors, etc.). Maybe also a vorpal quality?

Immunities for suffocation, disease, etc. All device dependent.

Weakness: can't take off the mask or he dies after a number of rounds/turns equal to his Constitution score (which, without the mask, is low).

Super strength +5 or something.

Powers: Telekinesis; and I can't remember if there's a Suffocate power (will save or begin suffocation/drowning) for the force grab thingie. Also Mind control. Source: magic/psionics/the force.

Also Minions. A real Darth Vader would be pl 16. Just don't have the combat stats that high, (as it's PL, not CR like DnD) and he'll be ok for PL6 games. Spend the other points in Devices (lightsabres, ships), and minions (storm troopers and spy droids, etc.)

Oh, and the feat: Sense Force-User (for obi-wan on the death star, and Luke, I guess).
I don't post much for one simple reason: I find it hard to press buttons that say "submit". Never give up, never surrender!

Pipowo

Postby Pipowo » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Where you get it???

Mencelus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mencelus » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 pm

Interesting Bizarro...matches the ideas I had for it as well. I like the way you've got it planned out. Might be stealing that...

I've been off and on planning Star Wars for several systems actually - most breakdown in weird ways when it comes to something like Darth's armor. In Burning Wheel, it's a plot device and needs some weird handwaving. Couldn't make the armor in d20 Future at all, at least not in a good way.

GURPS required either hideously expensive point-buying or hand-wavey creation - no direct rules for item creation. HERO could do it - just a touch clunky when it came to how much resistant PD and ED was needed (which of course jacked up the price).

But powers. I've had weird issues with jedi powers as well across various systems. Seems like M&M 1e has the issues handled very well. Might end up using it.

What suggestion for PL? Looking for a group of Jedi who've just finished their trials and become new jedi knights.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”