The Centurions cartoon

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
hobgoblin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby hobgoblin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:13 pm

i would start out with a armor device pr person.

then follow it up with other devices that grant the powers that the diffrent setups in the cartoon gives, maybe with a special use condition that they have to be attached to the armor device.

then create a base with the facilitys of the space station. the beaming in of their packages could be handled as just a fx of accessing the devices.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:06 pm

I played around with a Centurions Design for a character once. He was supposed to be a government trouble shooter.....

Anyway... I would build a slightly above average human and with a light armor "exo-suit".

Then create a Device array.... then build the different exo-modules based off of that array. I might even build a bunch of components that could be mixed and matched. In Champions I had a Variable Power Pool and I wrote up index cards with the different peices of equipement on them. That way, I made a roll... To see if I knew what I needed and then presto.... **POWER EXTREME!!!!!** (Verbal component activation.. made sure the bad guys didn't get the stuff)
The index cards allowed me to mix and match as long as the total point colst did not go over the max.

Anyway.. that is my idea for it.
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

hobgoblin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby hobgoblin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:37 pm

more or less like some kind of armor with a buildt in gadget power?

but with premade packages of powers that the gadget power would recreate?

Dread Lord
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Dread Lord » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:15 pm

Create the Base version first. Like the fly biy had a jet pack and missle launcher and stuff that came with the figure. Then make all the other contraptions Power Stunts of the main version.

For example, the Basic Flying armor: Flight +1, Energy Blast; Extra: Area (lasers and rockets)+2, Immunity +1, Protection +1. 5pp Rank. SO at Rank 10 would cost 50 pp. With a power stunt you could make another version of this armor costing up to 50 pp with slightly different powers. Like make it exactly the same but remove the area from the balst and put thise points into Space Flight.
I sometimes wonder if I've ever made a smart decision.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”