deflection + weapon

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

deflection + weapon

Postby Rickynet » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:16 am

can a player use his weapon to deflect an attack using his deflection power, in tha manual say yes he cant, but he add the weapon rage to deflect the attack, weapon stack with deflection ?

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:07 pm

What I would do is this:

Deflection
+Extra: Range upgraded to touch
+Flaw: Must use weapon

For a total 2pp for rank, and you may also deflect for others that are in squares next to you. You can also buy other extras and flaws for deflection, this is just what you need for your concept to work
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:26 am

ok but the range of weapon add to the defection, that stack?

example PL12 deflection +12, weapon +12, for stack rules he can't add +24 for the deflection

but if pl12 defection +4 weapon +6, for stack rule he can add +10 for the deflection

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:38 pm

No, they wouldn't stack because I just said that you had to use your weapon when deflecting as a flaw. You would only get your deflection rank as a bonus and only deflection would count for range too.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank

Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:19 pm

ok thanks, then don't matter with what element you are deflecting the attack dosn't add the range

thanks

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”