attack bonus

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

attack bonus

Postby Evendur » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:40 am

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how a PL 10 could have a +30 to hit modifier.

I can only get a +26, base 10, +5 stat mod, +5 for accurate attack, +5 for all-out attack, +1 from attack focus

So where does the other +4 come from? i'm asking b/c I was talking to a guy in one forum and he said tha he wasn't worried about super high def b/c with a +30 to hit, it seems like they're not moving.

any help is obviously appreciated
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:47 am

By using the luck power you can add to your attack roll...

But more likely it's a power called Marksmen (and there's a hand to hand version as well but I can't recall the name right now) it was released in Gimmick's Guide to Gadgets. Each rank gives you an extra +1 to hit up to the PL limit. It was long awaited after the disparity between defense and attack bonus became more evident the longer the game was out.

(as a side note in 2e defense and attack will operate under the same limitations rather than defense being favored)
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:52 am

Thanks Farik, I didn;t think of luck, but have GGTG but since the bonus from Weapon Master or Marksman adds to your base and cannot break the attack bonus cap I just put down a ten total, since it would be the same thing.

Many Thanks

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby farik » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:55 am

Evendur wrote:,,,but since the bonus from Weapon Master or Marksman adds to your base and cannot break the attack bonus cap...

I don't believe that's the case. I'd encourage you to check the official rules forum I'm quite confident Steve clarified at PL10 you could have +10 BAB and +10 marksmen for total of +20.

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 am

I apologize farik, you are correct. My GM and I had an argument about that and all he read was that it stacks with you normal attack bonus, and assumed that that it stacks with BAB upt to your PL cap, but it actually means that it doesn't replace your BAB like it does to damage. So he said that and I believed him, so my bad.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby farik » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:03 am

Evendur wrote:I apologize farik, you are correct. My GM and I had an argument about that and all he read was that it stacks with you normal attack bonus, and assumed that that it stacks with BAB upt to your PL cap, but it actually means that it doesn't replace your BAB like it does to damage. So he said that and I believed him, so my bad.

no problems

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”