extra attacks with power stunts....

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Grendel
Groupie
Groupie

extra attacks with power stunts....

Postby Grendel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:07 pm

So let's say you have a player who wants to make out a character that carries a bow, and has numerous arrows. If he bought weapon lvl 10 to represent the bow, and then wanted an level 5 energy blast with the area extra as a power stunt, would you allow that? It would look something like this.

Weapon level 10 [bow with trick arrows]
dual damage [stunt]
energy blast level 5, extra- area [stunt]
snare level 10 [stunt]
stun level 10 [stunt]
total cost: 18 points

thoughts? I'm thinking yes, the point cost is the same, but I can't seem to find a rule that specifically deals with it.
That's not a good start, but keep going.
-Ron Burgandy

Frozen Yakman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Frozen Yakman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 pm

This is precisely what power stunts are for, just remember that if you have something like Rapid Shot you may use only one of the individual powers in a round.

Rivalsan
Hireling
Hireling

Actually..

Postby Rivalsan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:17 pm

If you look at the Weapon power, it has many of those as power stunts.

Think the Peacemakers from Judge Dredd, or Green Arrow in his trick arrow days.

Honestly? Anything that can be justified to the GAME OPERATIONS DIRECTOR's satisfaction as an alternate effect of the weapon can be done as a stunt.

Same with Energy Blast, really. Captain Thunder can shoot an electricity bolt that shorts out electronic surveillance (Obscure, electronic viewing only?) or a blast that scrambles your nervous system (paralysis). Stunt on Energy Blast.

Its so much clearer in 2e. ;)
Hello, my name is Rivalsan, and I'm a MinMaxaholic. Twelve step programs don't work for us. We keep trying to find a way to do it in ten steps. Or less.. I bet I could squeeze it down to.. *sigh* (Crowd: Hi, Rivalsan)

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”