Crisis Level and Random Events

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Grendal
Collaborator
Collaborator

Crisis Level and Random Events

Postby Grendal » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:42 pm

I was taking a look at the Random Events chart in the errata and comparing it to the Campaign Crisis chart in Crooks!. So if you want to use the Crisis thing to determine random events rolls...

Personal Trouble is ruled by Personal Conditions
Random Crime and Organised Crime is ruled by Social Conditions
Disaster is ruled by Global Conditions

That leaves Terrorism, and Crisis!

I suppose that you could just class Terrorism as another form of organised crime and just pick which table to roll on according to your whim. Or maybe you could have it be ruled by Global Conditions on the same frequency as disasters, until you get to "Red" at which point everyone's too busy to be a terrorist. I don't know what do about Crisis! Maybe just give it a blanket category of Rare no matter what your Crisis levels are at? Wouldn't want to overdo the alien invasions.

One more thing...

First thing I did was cross off the "Assasination" category and scrawl in:
Rape/Assault. Personally I think having Assasination and Murder as separate categories is a bit redundant.

the_masochist
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby the_masochist » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:07 am

First thing I did was cross off the "Assasination" category and scrawl in:
Rape/Assault. Personally I think having Assasination and Murder as separate categories is a bit redundant.

hmm... true...

well... I guess the real difference is the outcome of the murder... for example, if the wierd old homeless man is killed in New York, it's not going to cause a big comotion, but still should be investigated, if the president is killed on the other hand... well, Iraq can rest easier at least...

[sorry, bringing politics into it again] :x

Rivalsan
Hireling
Hireling

Real funny

Postby Rivalsan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:38 am

Generally, forum-surfing, you can see all sorts of moronic things said.

That was one of them.
Hello, my name is Rivalsan, and I'm a MinMaxaholic. Twelve step programs don't work for us. We keep trying to find a way to do it in ten steps. Or less.. I bet I could squeeze it down to.. *sigh* (Crowd: Hi, Rivalsan)

solidcobra
Bystander
Bystander

Postby solidcobra » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:53 pm

Yeah. If the US president dies, they'll just turn him into a martyr and prosecute muslims even more than they do now. Whoopdedoo.

Though, yeah, rape/assault sounds okay replacing one of the two of murder/assassination, which would in this case be put together. (anyone else noticed the SICK amount of rape in freedom city? I mean...three per day? wow. there are some desperate guys running around there.)

the_masochist
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby the_masochist » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:39 pm

I guess my only real problem with Rape/assult is how touchy the topic can be, and that is my assumtion it was left out of the random encounter thing. supposing you have a mature group of players, it shouldn't be an issue.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”