Newbie question regarding stunt 'Drain Energy'

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
snowtiger
Bystander
Bystander

Newbie question regarding stunt 'Drain Energy'

Postby snowtiger » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:32 am

Hi folks. I'm new to the system and trying to create my first character.

I am trying to use the power Energy Control. What effects/function does the Power Stunt 'Drain Energy' provide? Does it work on all energy types or only the one for which I buy EC? If someone has the time/energy, could you provide an example? :)

Thanks again!

Snowtiger

CodeNameBob
Bystander
Bystander

Postby CodeNameBob » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:45 am

Yeah I'm pretty sure it only appleys to your chosen type of energy. As for the example, let's say your chosen energy is fire and someone blast's your buddy with some fire then you can drain away the fire (assuming you have Drain Energy) too reduce the damage. Now I'm pretty new aswell so I might be wrong :( , if you want a reliable awser ask Trapster or BARON:wink:.

Bob

Stule Brown
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Stule Brown » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:02 pm

Yep Yep.

Bob is wise.

(Not bad for a newbie, Bob)

Energy Drain only applies to the Energy that you can specifically control. Now if you want to have your character or player Drain more than one type, just buy additional Energy Controls as Extra's.

8)

Rivalsan
Hireling
Hireling

Another answer

Postby Rivalsan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Here's some for instances:

EC - Fire: Collateral damage from a superfight has as car crash, and its on fire with its occupants still in it. Drain Energy lets you snuff that fire, and save the people.

EC - Light: Sneaking into an enemy area, drain the light away from a light in the way of where you're entering. Creating darkness, basically, by removing the energy from a light source.

I don't think I'd allow it to reduce an attack that was in progress against another.. or even yourself, really.. that seems a bit much for a power stunt. But thats just a style thing.
Hello, my name is Rivalsan, and I'm a MinMaxaholic. Twelve step programs don't work for us. We keep trying to find a way to do it in ten steps. Or less.. I bet I could squeeze it down to.. *sigh* (Crowd: Hi, Rivalsan)

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Another answer

Postby Greyman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:18 am

Rivalsan wrote:I don't think I'd allow it to reduce an attack that was in progress against another.. or even yourself, really.. that seems a bit much for a power stunt. But thats just a style thing.
It's not just a style thing, it's what the Energy Absorbtion extra does.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”