Energy Control (Darkness) + Alternate Form (Shadow)

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
SilentTiger
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SilentTiger » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

I say: created darkness(shadow) should be considered different in this case than natural darkness. In D&D, magical darkness is different from natural darkness. One can dispel magical darkness, but not the same with natural darkness. Also, magical light brought into natural darkness reveals, while it is not necessarily so in magical darkness.

in game: The darkness created by the hero is not sufficient to change her form. The explanation for this is like a perpetual motion machine. The energy output is not equal to the energy input because friction will cause it to break down. In game, there is some kind of power barrier preventing her from doing this and she cannot overcome it until she learns more about her powers. (maybe she cannot create unnatural darkness and consume the same darkness to transform at the same time until she understands more about the nature of her power) Mechanically, this would be spending the pp to get rid of that particular flaw to AF.
Half Cat/ Half Human: an improvement of the human but a diminishing of the cat.
Champion City is looking for a few good Heroes. Join HERCON today.

Vortex
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Vortex » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:33 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I have in mind. Works within the rules of my setting while leaving a motivation for her to buy of the AF flaw. :)

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”