Having a tough time searching (prot/growth/str)

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Tagnik
Groupie
Groupie

Having a tough time searching (prot/growth/str)

Post by Tagnik » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:08 pm

Okay so Growth gives you Protection, Immovability, and Super-Strength.

Does it only give it to you when you are a certain size?

Or do I have the same strength when I'm Medium sized as opposed to when I'm Huge sized?

Or do I only have 8 Ranks of Super-Strength when I'm Huge?

I'm just looking at the "The Twist" Metamorph thing, and lets say you had Shapeshift and growth and Elongation.

Could I turn my fist into a HUGE fist, reach about 50 feet, and smash you with it? IE Super Strength +10?

This is all very confusing to me.

Also I still can't figure out how Protection works. Damage Save is Base 15 + Bonuses for Super Powers and Ability Scores.

if I have protection +10 and I get hit with an Energy Blast +9, it doesn't do anything unless it has penetrating attack. So lets say the Puglist tries to attack the Battle Suit guy with one of his punches. He couldn't even touch him? His Bonus is only +4 due to strength. Right?

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Having a tough time searching (prot/growth/str)

Post by The Trapster » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:39 pm

Tagnik wrote:Okay so Growth gives you Protection, Immovability, and Super-Strength.

Does it only give it to you when you are a certain size?

Or do I have the same strength when I'm Medium sized as opposed to when I'm Huge sized?

Or do I only have 8 Ranks of Super-Strength when I'm Huge?
Ranks of Growth that the character is using at the time.
I'm just looking at the "The Twist" Metamorph thing, and lets say you had Shapeshift and growth and Elongation.

Could I turn my fist into a HUGE fist, reach about 50 feet, and smash you with it? IE Super Strength +10?
That is the kind of thing that a GM gets to deside. I'd be inclinded to say no. Twister could only get the amount of strength (from Growth) that he could use in the space she could grow and thus have all the possitives and negitives associated with the power.
Also I still can't figure out how Protection works. Damage Save is Base 15 + Bonuses for Super Powers and Ability Scores.
Right. This is easiset to see in action.
I recomend using two Powerhouses and playout a toe-to-toe fight to see how the combat works where protection doesn't matter.
THEN... Have three guys with Rifles +7 lethal damage. Than fight will end quickly. :wink:
if I have protection +10 and I get hit with an Energy Blast +9, it doesn't do anything unless it has penetrating attack.
Hey! You said you didn't understand how it worked! This is a perfect example you've given.
So lets say the Puglist tries to attack the Battle Suit guy with one of his punches. He couldn't even touch him? His Bonus is only +4 due to strength. Right?
Yes, you're right. Captain America can't punch (with his fist) Iron Man in the face and expect to hurt I.M.
Pugilist can do a bit more damage with his feats but he really needs to find a different way to defeat Cyclone... like lure him into a construction site and dump concreat on him. :wink:
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

Tagnik
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Tagnik » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:02 pm

Thanks man, that was awesome help :)

The General
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Having a tough time searching (prot/growth/str)

Post by The General » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:54 am

Tagnik wrote:I'm just looking at the "The Twist" Metamorph thing, and lets say you had Shapeshift and growth and Elongation.

For the huge fist effect, you could use the Strike power as an extra (or a partial extra)