Paralysis too powerful?

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Tagnik
Groupie
Groupie

Paralysis too powerful?

Post by Tagnik » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Please help me out here.

I have searched and couldn't find topics on it. From what I read, all you have to do is have the sustained extra to make Paralysis uber-powerful?

Once I hit someone with a ranged paralysis attack, and then sustain it as a free action to not allow them a will-save, they are physically helpless.

Does this only work on one target at a time? Or can I paralyse someone else, and sustain the hold on them as well?

Could I effectively paralyse a whole team of Superheroes? Could I extra it to Paralyse their mind as well, not allowing them mental actions?

It just sounds kind of broken.

Anthony
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Paralysis too powerful?

Post by Anthony » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:27 pm

Tagnik wrote:Please help me out here.

I have searched and couldn't find topics on it. From what I read, all you have to do is have the sustained extra to make Paralysis uber-powerful?

Once I hit someone with a ranged paralysis attack, and then sustain it as a free action to not allow them a will-save, they are physically helpless.
Sustaining the power doesn't prevent the will save. It just prevents the save from getting easier as time goes past.

Tagnik
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Tagnik » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:13 am

Thanks, I'm blind.