SuperDex and Combat Sense

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Meyerman603
Bystander
Bystander

SuperDex and Combat Sense

Post by Meyerman603 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:44 pm

Does anyone think it's okay to have Combat Sense as an extra or stunt off of SuperDex if there's a good enough backround/character story to back it up? For example, Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji all seem to have it.
"There is no normal life, there's just life."
-Doc Holliday, Tombstone

mgg
Superhero
Superhero

Post by mgg » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:00 pm

It sounds like a reasonable extra to me. Watch out, though because it removes several of the major ways to make it past a high defense.

Anthony
Luminary
Luminary

Re: SuperDex and Combat Sense

Post by Anthony » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:17 am

Meyerman603 wrote:Does anyone think it's okay to have Combat Sense as an extra or stunt off of SuperDex if there's a good enough backround/character story to back it up? For example, Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji all seem to have it.
Sort of pointless, since it's a 1pp/rank power anyway, and it would cost 1pp/rank as an extra (as a stunt, you would lose your super-dex when using combat sense, which sort of removes the purpose of having combat sense in the first place)

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Post by The Trapster » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:08 am

Meyerman603 wrote:For example, Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji all seem to have it.
Really? :shock:
Seems to me a lot of NPCs in these classes got caught flatfooted by PC Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji/Sith. Not important I guess. :wink:

:idea: Maybe Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji have drain Combat Sense on each other.
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

Dread Lord
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dread Lord » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:39 am

Anthony wrote:
Meyerman603 wrote:Does anyone think it's okay to have Combat Sense as an extra or stunt off of SuperDex if there's a good enough backround/character story to back it up? For example, Jedi/Ninjas/Jedninji all seem to have it.
Sort of pointless, since it's a 1pp/rank power anyway, and it would cost 1pp/rank as an extra (as a stunt, you would lose your super-dex when using combat sense, which sort of removes the purpose of having combat sense in the first place)
Well, with the annual it would be a .5 point extra.

If you took it as a power stunt then you couldn't use it at the same time as the base power, which is kinda pointless.
I sometimes wonder if I've ever made a smart decision.

Grim Luck
Cohort
Cohort

Post by Grim Luck » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 pm

An easy way to create 'Super Defense' is to take Super Dexterity flawed to Dodge only, and then add the Combat Sense as an extra.

Personally I would never use the annual rules to cut down the cost below 1 for something like this.
All the world is fascinated with monkeys.