Element Control: Air - Tripping flying opponents

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
ReeboKesh
Comrade
Comrade

Element Control: Air - Tripping flying opponents

Post by ReeboKesh » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:20 pm

OK I don't get the search engine? Is there a way to type "Tripping FLying Opponents" and find a post related to that query?

Anyway until then here is my question. Can you trip flying opponents with the Element Control Air power? If so what happens, do they fall to the ground, get knocked back, what?

Thanks
Mysterio

Mr. Self-Destruct
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Mr. Self-Destruct » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Elemental Control - Air describes knocking people over with the power and high winds would obviously affect many types of flying characters, so:

I'd rule that with a successful trip attack against a flying character you could reduce the flight speed of characters that are flying in a single given direction (against the wind) per action by your power rank... unless that character would not be affected by high winds while flying: energy form characters or intangible characters, for example. And I'd also probably rule that flying characters with certain means of flight are more vulnerable than others: Limited - Gliding or Restricted - Wings characters for example, might just get tossed around by the winds and crash or be thrown uncontrollably in the direction of the wind on a succesful trip attack. In my book, an Alternate Form - Gas character might have to make a fortitude save to resist a temporary dispersal instead of a reflex save to avoid getting slowed down or crashing... a setback that shouldn't take longer to recover from than getting up after a trip attack on the ground.

You might want to ask Steve in the official rules forum, though. That's just how I would handle it off the cuff if it came up in a gaming session.

ReeboKesh
Comrade
Comrade

Post by ReeboKesh » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:34 pm

Thanks, that's good enough for me.
Mysterio