God's given Powers

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
SilentTiger
Hireling
Hireling

Post by SilentTiger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:32 am

I don't condone adding Dvine outside of Mystical without the GM's permission. Yes, I agree that it is the GM's ruling if he would allow an extra power source into the game. Otherwise you will have to go with: Mystical / Divine / Occult as one lumped power source.

In the game I am running, the power sources are as follows:
Alien (Tech and Phys)
Mystical / Divine
Mutation (altered human)
Psionic
Super-Science
Training
Atlantean Technology

Atlanean Technology is similar to Super-Science except: Super-Science is based off of Physics and Science while Altlanean Technology was developed from other origins, and kind of convergently evolved until it resembled Super-Science. However, something that neutralizes Super-Science would have no effect on the Atlantean version.

This was created because my campaign is based on that Atlantis rose from the depths from the seas of the Earth. A new 'radiation' is seeping from Atlantis causing mutations worldwide. So Atlantean technology makes sense to add to my game, while Divine makes less sense. In conclusion, if it fits the GM's concept, DO IT!
Half Cat/ Half Human: an improvement of the human but a diminishing of the cat.
Champion City is looking for a few good Heroes. Join HERCON today.

Dread Lord
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dread Lord » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:38 pm

One very simple way to add a little God born might would be something akin to Samson and his hair. If youre looking for a simple way to have God's presence felt add a simple ban to the character; don't cut your hair, don't eat meat on Sunday, that sort of thing. It could be a flaw on the power set or a weaknes depending on what happens to the character if the ban is broken.
I sometimes wonder if I've ever made a smart decision.

the_masochist
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by the_masochist » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:34 am

Solid Cobra, I thought your comment would be a great signiture, i hope you don't mind me using it

See? There it is ::points down::