Idea: Animators and minions

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Circeus
Hireling
Hireling

Idea: Animators and minions

Post by Circeus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:00 pm

A simple rule option for characters with animate and similar powers: They can add their power ranks to their fidelity score for the minmion feat. This only apply for minions they created from their power, however, and human minions included within the total minions are subjected to the normal limits.
Golden age set the moral standard, the Silver Age revised it, the Bronze Age broke free of it and the Rust Age ran wild with it. -- A. David Lewis

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Idea: Animators and minions

Post by The Trapster » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:20 am

Circeus wrote:A simple rule option for characters with animate and similar powers: They can add their power ranks to their fidelity score for the minmion feat. This only apply for minions they created from their power, however, and human minions included within the total minions are subjected to the normal limits.
No comment so I'll say, "what is a fidelity score?" and "why is it only for for minions they create from a power?"

I took a quick look at the rules minions/animation rules. Don't get it. :?
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

solidcobra
Bystander
Bystander

Post by solidcobra » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:42 am

I THINK he means to say "People with the animate power should get a bonus to their minion score equal to the ranks in the power, but only if they use the minions from that bonus on minions made via animate"

Nightlynx
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Nightlynx » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:27 am

I would have to say that if you buy the power and you "make" them then by default there is no need for any "fidelity score" - unless one were to flaw animate with creations "act/think" indepently or something. But in my opinion Animation and Summon minion are two different powers and are played as such.

cheers
nightlynx

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - First Law of Equivalent Exchange.

Circeus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Circeus » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:04 am

The idea is that they are allowed more minions to start with, assuming they created them through their powers, without need for animate power checks and such.

Off course, all the minions still must be possible for the controller to create.
Golden age set the moral standard, the Silver Age revised it, the Bronze Age broke free of it and the Rust Age ran wild with it. -- A. David Lewis

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Post by farik » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:00 pm

I think it's unecessary.

The minion feat generates more than enough standard minions. I might allow the animate power to have flawed super cha as an extra to elevate the score but I don't think it's fair as a free upgrade to the animate power.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.