Alex Williamson Art

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Alex Williamson Art

Postby Etherial Ghost » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Awesome work as always Alex!
"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks guys! :)
Cheers, Alex

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 am

A quick note on these character drawings - they're for a new supplement for Vigilance Press that will be FREE to download. It will be a fantastic resource for M&M players and I highly recommend it. Vigilance really seems to be on the ball with the supplements they have planned and all their products are really geared toward fun GMing and exciting world building. This free product is sort of a nice gateway drug - hopefully it will make you come back for more great products. :)
Cheers, Alex

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

The last of the Beacon City Challengers for Vigilance Press:

And some pieces for Catalyst Game Labs' Battletech: Total Chaos:
Cheers, Alex

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

Alex, are you doing any other BT stuff?
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 am

I have art in a few books that aren't out yet, so I can't share those pieces yet and I did some work for the Horizon Campaign for Shadowrun. Catalyst hasn't hit me up lately, but that's a good thing for now - I have tons of work coming from Vigilance Press and Blackwyrm Games, as well as some private individuals. Plus I'm working on Brass Falcon this and next week and then my other full time comics gig is sending me a new script by the last week of the month, which means I'll be doubly slammed with work, which is the greatest thing ever for a brand new full-time freelance artist. :)

Hopefully Catalyst Game Labs will be looking for more work to get done soon. There's usually a small lull and then they hit me with a few projects in a row. One of the posters here works for Catalyst and even commissioned a few character drawings for his own gaming group! They were the first game company I truly worked for and it all started as a quick "why-the-heck-not" email to their submissions department. It was a great start to a new career. :D
Cheers, Alex

Adrian Gideon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Adrian Gideon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am

Field Manual: SLDF is out just now, featuring Alex's work, and I'm currently working on the A Time of War (BattleTech RPG): Companion, which also has pieces from Alex. It does go in spurts, and Brent Evans (Catalyst Game Lab's Art Director) is gearing up for a slew of new books down the pike, so I wouldn't be surprised if he contacts you soon.

And don't worry about "outing" me Alex, I use the same screen name everywhere ;)

I can't wait to see the next few Brass Falcon, and I also hope to send some more commissions your way in a couple months :D

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 am

Awesome! And it's funny we were just talking Battletech work, as I received an email from Brent last night! :) So, hopefully some more BT art coming soon.
Cheers, Alex

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Alex Williamson wrote:I have art in a few books that aren't out yet, so I can't share those pieces yet and I did some work for the Horizon Campaign for Shadowrun. Catalyst hasn't hit me up lately, but that's a good thing for now - I have tons of work coming from Vigilance Press and Blackwyrm Games, as well as some private individuals. Plus I'm working on Brass Falcon this and next week and then my other full time comics gig is sending me a new script by the last week of the month, which means I'll be doubly slammed with work, which is the greatest thing ever for a brand new full-time freelance artist. :)

Hopefully Catalyst Game Labs will be looking for more work to get done soon. There's usually a small lull and then they hit me with a few projects in a row. One of the posters here works for Catalyst and even commissioned a few character drawings for his own gaming group! They were the first game company I truly worked for and it all started as a quick "why-the-heck-not" email to their submissions department. It was a great start to a new career. :D

Good to hear your getting plenty of work from both Catalyst and Blackwyrm (Dave Mattingly and the guy's over at Blackwrym are good people), as I've enjoyed stuff from both companies for years (I still remember when Battletech was called Battle Droids :wink: ) I look forward to seeing more from you.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

AdvocateJack
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby AdvocateJack » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 am

Great, now I have to make the Challengers as cool as they look. Thanks, man! :x :wink:

Also, weird little detail that jumped out at me...I love Bounce's shoes! They're perfect.

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 pm

DSumner: Yes, it's been great fun working on their projects. I wish there were more Shadowrun books coming out, but it seems there's a steady stream of Battletech with the very rare Shadowrun supplement poking into the workflow. The Blackwyrm guys have had me drawing some crazy stuff, but they like to stay hush hush until publication, which is a shame as I'd like to share it. In the meantime, I've had an awesome time working with Vigilance Press, who have been keeping me busier than Blackwyrm and Catalyst combined! And I LOVE it! :)

Jack: I'm sure you'll do just fine! :) They're a fun group that I think the playing community will really enjoy and they're FREE! That part amazes me most about that project. It's a great marketing tool, but also a fantastic value. Really, it's a phenomenal way to introduce players to the Beacon City universe. I'm glad I could provide the visuals for this project.

And Bounce's shoes are based on my own! Thank Sketchers for the basic design. :D
Cheers, Alex

GameHermit
Bystander
Bystander

Postby GameHermit » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 am

Simply stunning!

~ Jack
Technically I fit the description of "nerd"…but I'd rather consider myself as one whose imaginary fate is derived by the randomly generated outcome of a tossed polyhedron. ~ The Game Hermit

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Here's the complete gallery of the Challengers artwork that Alex did... colorized!

:)

http://www.vigilancepress.com/gallery/207-2/

Hopefully Alex doesn't mind me posting this here, I just know he hasn't been online much lately. We've been keeping him tied to his drawing table....
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Jack: Thanks!

James: That link is perfect! I was thinking about doing the same, but I'm glad you took the initiative.

I haven't been posting much art lately, but that's all changing. Here's a few recent commissions:

Ariel Skye for a private commission (a rare color piece from me):

Vigilance Press's Black Chapter cover (this image will likely be chopped off on this site because of how images show up - check out the full image at http://www.vigilancepress.com or buy the supplement when it comes out!):

And some additional Vigilance Press characters:

And last, but not least, my own character, Traxx The Traveler, for James Dawsey's Beacon City M&M game (check out the podcast on the Vigilance Press site!):
Cheers, Alex

Alex Williamson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Alex Williamson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I just realized I never posted these. More character drawings for Vigilance Press:
Cheers, Alex

Return to “Drawing Board”