Some of my Artwork

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Some of my Artwork

Postby American_Patriot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:36 pm

American Patriot (Nathaniel Hale Spaight)

Freedom Eagle II (Michaela Colleen O'Connor)

Patriette

Animted version of American Patriot and Star-Spangled Kidd

The Iranian Guardsman
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Some of my Artwork

Postby American_Patriot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Alternate American Patriot in happier times...

American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 am

Cool looking costume designs. A bit more practice with faces will make you super women look super hot. The nipple visibility on the women is a bit outside of the comic genre - more in the Val Kilmer George Clooney Batman movie genre! :wink:

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Shinobi wrote:Cool looking costume designs. A bit more practice with faces will make you super women look super hot. The nipple visibility on the women is a bit outside of the comic genre - more in the Val Kilmer George Clooney Batman movie genre! :wink:

thank you for the compliments. :)

i've been working my way back to where i use to be... i was in a really bad car wreck in 2008, that cut both of my legs off, broke all of my ribs on the left side, collapsed my left lung... put me in a 10 day coma, and they lost me on the operating table three times (40 minutes, 20 minutes and just under 10 minutes)... and once while in the coma, forcing them to put me on life support. The doctors were amzing. They were able to reattach my legs. the downside was the replacement of my left femur with a metal rod, and a completely rebuilt right knee that caused nerve damge that doesn't allow me to lift my right foot.. or even allow me to curl my toes.

The Doctors were amazed that as bad as the accident was, that i didn't loose conciousness until they gave me the shot that knocked me out when they were wheeling me into the operating room. I think they went the extra mile because i kept thanking them, and telling them that they did a good job. and i wanted to make sure they knew that, just in case that i didn't make it. That they were doing amazing things. Those doctors would visit me every day i was at Carolina's Medical Centre Main. and when they transferred me to the VA Hospital in Asheville... they all came in early to see me before the ambulance service showed up.

They were amazing. Doctors can do amazing things today.

Anyway. The brain damage that i got from hitting my head has cuased my artwork to... well, it's not as refined as it use to be. But i'm working at it. And i know one day, i'l be back to where I once was. :)

any suggestions for refining my work. I'm all ears for.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

I think you do a very good job of the look. It all takes time to get it back from what you have mentioned in your post. Hope you do get better.

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:I think you do a very good job of the look. It all takes time to get it back from what you have mentioned in your post. Hope you do get better.

Thank you Aerlwyn... I'm doing things that most wouldn't believe i could do after all i've gone through. I pushed myself to walk a little too soon (the acident was on 23 July 2008, i was walking on parrell bars mid-Sept 2008, started walking on crutches by mid-October, got out of the hospital on 19 November 2008, and by Chrsitmas I was able to walk short distances without my crutches).

Now, i can walk the 3/4 of a mile from my apartment to the walmart right around the corner from here with my crutches! and I hope that one day i will be able to walk without the crutches and leg braces. with how I keep adapting and overcoming these problems. It's something i know i'll be able to do one day.

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 am

Nice work. 8)
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you DSumner... can you tell me where you got your avator from?

urbwar
Bystander
Bystander

Postby urbwar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 am

I like the Iranian Guardsman and the X characters. Are you going to color Guardsman at all?

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:24 am

urbwar wrote:I like the Iranian Guardsman and the X characters. Are you going to color Guardsman at all?

yup... i'll be doing a color version soon. i've been trying to come up with the right colors for him and the other members of his meta-human revolutionary milita. any suggestions on the color scheme and I'd really be greatful!

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:06 am

Wow. An amazing story. Keep drawing, keep practising, because you definitely have something there.

My suggestion is to really watch how many lines you put on the face. Each line can really age a face considerably and especially with women, less is more, unless you are drawing a middle aged or even a chrone lady.

Next, in your inking, really consider starting to use dip pen or brush or both. Because you need some thick to thin (or vice versa) in the same line to generate real interest.

A great book on the subject is The Art of Comic Book Inking by Gary Martin. A really awesome book that I glean tips from and I had been inking for years.

Look forward to hearing more.
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
Sons of Kryos Gaming Podcast
www.sonsofkryos.com

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Storn wrote:Wow. An amazing story. Keep drawing, keep practising, because you definitely have something there.

My suggestion is to really watch how many lines you put on the face. Each line can really age a face considerably and especially with women, less is more, unless you are drawing a middle aged or even a chrone lady.

Next, in your inking, really consider starting to use dip pen or brush or both. Because you need some thick to thin (or vice versa) in the same line to generate real interest.

A great book on the subject is The Art of Comic Book Inking by Gary Martin. A really awesome book that I glean tips from and I had been inking for years.

Look forward to hearing more.

I haven't used pen and brushes in a very long time... back when I was in the convention circuit doing consignment sketches. Actually had Larry Elmore ask me what gaming companies I've done work for, and I told him none. I didn't think i was ready for that kind of work. He said good, wait till after i retire to feel you were ready and I had been one of the most professional amature he'd seen. before the accident i've actually done some artpacks that are stlll being sold on RPGNow. And i've done some artwork for an RPG that just was released... character portraits of the main personalities of the setting. I'll be posting some more of my work later today.

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:14 pm

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:17 pm

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:25 pm

My Version of the Escape form Kalisz cover from the original Twilight 2000 boxed set.

A discusting and horrible person... when i say discusting and horrible, I mean it. He was an encounter for a Twilight 2000 group. If you want to know what he did... PM me.

Here are some Twilight 2000 characters...
Image Image

A total... well, can't say that here. 2LT Aston Synder. A man who is all that is wrong with self-righteous people who think they are enlightened and open-minded. He almost ended up getting fragged for his incompenence as a leader... the only reason he wasn't outright killed, was that he was a really good engineer (pre-war, he was an architect).

Return to “Drawing Board”