James Dawsey's Art Board

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: James Dawsey's Art Board

Postby Shadowchaser » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks, Patriot!

I'm a big fan of the character design for so many reasons, the spats are just one. The funniest bit was that I originally conceived of the character as based on a friend of mine. I did a VERY loose sketch before turning it over to Alex, and Alex added a ton of great details to the character! Most amazingly, it actually looks more like my friend than it did in my original sketch. :)

James
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Shadowchaser wrote:Another Speed Paint illo for the Beacon City podcast game.

The Jade Witch! (Played by Lynn Hill!)

I must admit (and I know this is a bit late) but as the game has progressed, I have been really enjoying the personalities in the game so far. Jade Witch is by far one of my favorites, the mask totally does the trick! I wonder what she would look like after having summoned some of her hell hounds...?

Haha either way, keep up the great work, they have been really enjoyable so far! :D
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:44 am

Entropicurity wrote:
Shadowchaser wrote:Another Speed Paint illo for the Beacon City podcast game.

The Jade Witch! (Played by Lynn Hill!)

I must admit (and I know this is a bit late) but as the game has progressed, I have been really enjoying the personalities in the game so far. Jade Witch is by far one of my favorites, the mask totally does the trick! I wonder what she would look like after having summoned some of her hell hounds...?

Haha either way, keep up the great work, they have been really enjoyable so far! :D

Thanks a bunch!

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to post more of my own artwork, been so busy with the publisher job that I can't find time to do more of my own sketches for Beacon City and so forth. I'll try and find time to do some more speed painting and post it here... the Hounds of the Jade Witch sounds like a cool idea for a piece of art... or a name for a rock album... :)

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am

Shadowchaser wrote:Thanks a bunch!

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to post more of my own artwork, been so busy with the publisher job that I can't find time to do more of my own sketches for Beacon City and so forth. I'll try and find time to do some more speed painting and post it here... the Hounds of the Jade Witch sounds like a cool idea for a piece of art... or a name for a rock album... :)

No worries, Having a job with Publishing is no doubt time consuming. As I work towards trying to get something of my own manuscript together for a possible Manga setting, it isn't something to take lightly. It is most certainly a job of passion for sure!

As far as the future projects go, rock album or artwork, either sound equally epic!

As far as the stories go so far, the entire way that they setting itself works reminds me a lot of Myst/Riven, which was some of my favorite casual games back in the 90s, and I'd wager it makes for some fun ways of causing conflicts with some of the PC's in the game, making them have to think outside the box!

Not to mention, pulling characters out of a book can get quite interesting!
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Work in progress- Shockwave!

She's a telekinetic powerhouse, and one of my own player characters. She's a blast to play, and I may work her into an upcoming Vigilance Press project somewhere along the line...

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh wow. Shockwave is a good character... :)

The Shockwave we had in our old MSH game were we were playing "Team X-Treme" (a team that was part of the X-Men, based out of the Xaiver Academy for Troubled Youth) had a character named Shockwave who was an African-American male from the inner city, with a massive chip on his shoulder. he had Geo-Kinetic powers, and used his powers to throw rocks, dirt and lava around like you wouldn't believe. we didn't need to use the X-Jet most of the time, since we travelled on one of his rock shards! :) that and the fact that the X-Jet could only be activated by Michael Xavier (the crippled Crimson Commando using Magneto's old cover ID) after we stole it the third time. :D
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:44 am

American_Patriot wrote:Oh wow. Shockwave is a good character... :)

The Shockwave we had in our old MSH game were we were playing "Team X-Treme" (a team that was part of the X-Men, based out of the Xaiver Academy for Troubled Youth) had a character named Shockwave who was an African-American male from the inner city, with a massive chip on his shoulder. he had Geo-Kinetic powers, and used his powers to throw rocks, dirt and lava around like you wouldn't believe. we didn't need to use the X-Jet most of the time, since we travelled on one of his rock shards! :) that and the fact that the X-Jet could only be activated by Michael Xavier (the crippled Crimson Commando using Magneto's old cover ID) after we stole it the third time. :D

That sounds like a great campaign! :)

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 am

I wish I could draw... :(
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Shadowchaser wrote:That sounds like a great campaign! :)

It was... playing MSH back in the 1989-90 in the old Enlisted Recreation Centre on Naval Operations Base Norfolk was so much fun. The only bad thing was when they moved it from over the movie theater and into its own building, because the new building didn't have an area for either boardgames or role-playing games. :(

The only good thing i can say bout it, was that it had these soundproofed rooms so that people could practice playing all kinds of musical instruments. of course those rooms would end up getting booked for months in advance...
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Shadowchaser, you continue to produce splendid work - please keep posting it. :mrgreen:

I wish I could draw... :cry:

So do I - since I'm not very handy at pen-and-paint art, I have to illustrate my imagination with words instead; I suspect many of my fellow posters are in the same position!
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Libra wrote:Shadowchaser, you continue to produce splendid work - please keep posting it. :mrgreen:

I wish I could draw... :cry:

So do I - since I'm not very handy at pen-and-paint art, I have to illustrate my imagination with words instead; I suspect many of my fellow posters are in the same position!

I'm flattered!

Honestly, I have gotten quite a bit out of shape with my illustration techniques, I've been spending so much time as publisher and writer. However, I've managed to keep from completely losing my touch! It just takes me a lot more experimentation and fiddling to get something *just* the way I like it. This piece has taken me a much longer time than it would have this time last year.

Return to “Drawing Board”