Storn Art Reboot

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Storn Art Reboot

Postby Libra » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 am

Storn, I would like to apologise in advance for butting into your thread with a peculiar request, but I would also like to note that your art remains of a consistently high standard of excellence before I type out the question which will (hopefully) allow me to bring a brief but frustrating quest for an image on the Internet to a close.

Having done just those things above, I would like to ask if you remember drawing a series of images depicting a slightly-crooked JLA-equivalent for (if memory serves) a fellow over on the Champions boards called 'Enforcer' (it might have been Enforcer64 but I don't actually remember the numerals that followed his username and so must omit them) who was then working on what I believe was a 'Hero a Day' thread.

Now I imagine that this is a bit of a headache question, given the sheer number of images you've drawn over the years and how many years ago this was, but may I please ask if the images of these heroes remain available for viewing on any of your threads in this forum or on any of the other websites you frequent?

Thank you in advance for your patience with this unusual request; oh and if it helps refresh your memory, I remember the names of at least a couple of the characters involved - Lockdown, a Batmanalogue and Freya, the Wonder Womanalogue and Hyperion (I can't remember if he was the Superman analogue, but I do remember that name).

I'm not sure if that helps or even if you'll be willing to help with the request, but I would be extremely grateful if you can and will. Thank you again for your patience and please allow me to once again compliment you on the quality of your art; it's rather wonderful!
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 am

Libra wrote:Storn, I would like to apologise in advance for butting into your thread with a peculiar request, but I would also like to note that your art remains of a consistently high standard of excellence before I type out the question which will (hopefully) allow me to bring a brief but frustrating quest for an image on the Internet to a close.

Having done just those things above, I would like to ask if you remember drawing a series of images depicting a slightly-crooked JLA-equivalent for (if memory serves) a fellow over on the Champions boards called 'Enforcer' (it might have been Enforcer64 but I don't actually remember the numerals that followed his username and so must omit them) who was then working on what I believe was a 'Hero a Day' thread.

Now I imagine that this is a bit of a headache question, given the sheer number of images you've drawn over the years and how many years ago this was, but may I please ask if the images of these heroes remain available for viewing on any of your threads in this forum or on any of the other websites you frequent?

Thank you in advance for your patience with this unusual request; oh and if it helps refresh your memory, I remember the names of at least a couple of the characters involved - Lockdown, a Batmanalogue and Freya, the Wonder Womanalogue and Hyperion (I can't remember if he was the Superman analogue, but I do remember that name).

I'm not sure if that helps or even if you'll be willing to help with the request, but I would be extremely grateful if you can and will. Thank you again for your patience and please allow me to once again compliment you on the quality of your art; it's rather wonderful!

Enforcer84 will be delighted that you have mocked him by knocking 20 off his ID.
As a long time customer of Storn I believe I know which ones you are referring to and might be able to help.
Apart from Storn's art being available on RPG Now under Artist profiles.
I'll get back to you.
Dangerous when cute

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Many, many thanks my dear Tribble - and when you do communicate my lapse of memory to Enforcer84, please communicate my apologies for that and my respect for his person, as well as for his talent; It's been rather a while since I even looked at the Champions boards, so my own humble words would doubtless carry less weight than that with which your own repute can furnish. :mrgreen:

Once again, please allow me to thank you for this time and this effort, as well as reassure you that I will bear no grudge if you do not achieve success, since I understand that artists are not always at liberty to freely display those images which others have purchased from them (also that it has indeed been more than a little time since they were last displayed). I would also like to note that I began to look them up based more on a whim than anything else and am now a big enough fellow to let my whims whisper away without sulking if they go unsatisfied. :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 am

Libra wrote:Many, many thanks my dear Tribble - and when you do communicate my lapse of memory to Enforcer84, please communicate my apologies for that and my respect for his person, as well as for his talent; It's been rather a while since I even looked at the Champions boards, so my own humble words would doubtless carry less weight than that with which your own repute can furnish. :mrgreen:

Once again, please allow me to thank you for this time and this effort, as well as reassure you that I will bear no grudge if you do not achieve success, since I understand that artists are not always at liberty to freely display those images which others have purchased from them (also that it has indeed been more than a little time since they were last displayed). I would also like to note that I began to look them up based more on a whim than anything else and am now a big enough fellow to let my whims whisper away without sulking if they go unsatisfied. :)

Ug. I vaguely remember that piece. I will have to sift through the Storn Art Archives. The guy back there is really creepy, pouring over tomes of long, lost art files. All those scrolls have spider webs all over 'em and the lighting is piss poor. But for you! I will take a gander. <g>

Now. Onto some art.

First up, a couple more of the Vampire Hunters club. I will have more details, as in a link, when that becomes available from the client.

Joe. Vampire Hunter

Sister Howley. Vampire Hunter

Then here are two more from Death Tribble. A shooter and a Virgin airlines air stewardess with super powers. The model used for the Virgin airlines gal is the same model that DT ask me to use for one of our very first collaborations, Brittania.

Shooter.

Virgin Air Stewardess super heroine
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
Sons of Kryos Gaming Podcast
www.sonsofkryos.com

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 pm

I will have to sift through the Storn Art Archives. The guy back there is really creepy, pouring over tomes of long, lost art files. All those scrolls have spider webs all over 'em and the lighting is piss poor. But for you! I will take a gander.

Maester Rod probably should stop trying to light the place with candles made out of his hair and earwax, but the man doesn't seem to have misplaced anything (except, it seems, his marbles), but with a lot of help from Death Tribble he's managed to aid me in uncovering the artwork I was looking for.

So you needn't worry about having to listen to his eternal grouching about pay raise (he keeps saying he doesn't mind being paid in peanuts but has the temerity to insist that they should be FRESH; I kept telling him that he ought to keep them properly stored in that trunk of his, but he refused to agree. He kept insisting that he had to breath sometime and I was obliged to admit that he had a point - mostly because he had two, one on the end of each tusk).

In all seriousness, thank you very much Storn for your kind reply to my importune request and please accept my admiration for achieving such a high standard of work and a consistently superior production rate. :D

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Here are a couple of fantasy pics. Trying to get a tad more movement and action into these character concept shots. It isn't always appropriate, due to the tone or personality of the character... but I try to remember to do action occasionally instead of just a pose where possible. Let y'all be the judges... enjoy!

I've done Wilson down there twice before. He has been upgraded with mystical armor, as per the patron's request.

And to make this guy's 2 handed warhammer a bit on the large side. I aim to please. Should I have pushed it even further? To, say, some anime or online MMO stylings of large hammers? I still shirk towards the realm of "somewhat believable . Again, y'all be the judges!

p.s. I looked for that piece, but I could not find it.
visual storytelling

www.StornArt.com

www.sonsofkryos.com

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:23 pm

I really like the "fangs" on the hammer there, Storn. Was that in the character description of was that your idea? Either way, very cool idea.

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:12 am

Shinobi wrote:I really like the "fangs" on the hammer there, Storn. Was that in the character description of was that your idea? Either way, very cool idea.

The "fangs" was my idea.

A bit sparse..on what I can share these days. I've got a big project on my table for a movie. NDAs are in place, so I can only talk about it in limited fashion. But I'm doing sorta mini-matte paintings for a fantasy movie that the actors are going to be in front of. It is really cool, hard and fun. In between approvals and fixes... I will still do my private commissions, but I might not be getting quite as many of them done as before. But here is one, just done for Death Tribble. Image
visual storytelling

www.StornArt.com

www.sonsofkryos.com

Jeff Wilder
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jeff Wilder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Of all the "casting spells" effects I've seen you do, I think that one is my favorite. (I also like the "Arion, Mage of Atlantis" one, with the three-D esoteric symbol overlaid on the hands. Dr. Strange artists use it a lot nowadays.)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Congratulations on your new employment Storn; I wish you the best of luck and can easily see that those who have employed your services have already benefited from such a blessing (they did employ YOU instead of your competition, after all!). :mrgreen:

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks Libra!

Tattoos, Metal and Vampiric Drow Hunters

Got three to share today. First up is Vesper, a rogue trader captain commission. I cannot take credit for her t-shirt logo. That was created by my good friend and neighbor, Pete, for his band, Ire Clad. The patron asked for perhaps a skull logo for the t-shirt and Pete had just sent me the latest design for Ire Clad's t-shirts and I went "ding!". So, I have permission to use the Ire Clad logo and name. And if anyone is so inclined, here are links to their sites:
https://www.facebook.com/ireclad
http://www.reverbnation.com/ireclad

Also, Vesper down there is an experiment. I just got Manga Studio 5 (love the perspective rules btw!) and I wanted to see if I could draw from scratch, 100% digital, in Manga Studio 5. I could! Made a mistake though. I set the dpi for 600, my favored resolution to work at. But since the program was new to me, that made my 8" high paper into about 1" high. And I merrily went along, drawing and painting. When I brought it into Photoshop, my mistake became apparent. Oooops. So I had to redraw a lot of it, using both Manga Studio 5 an Photoshop. The tattoos were done in PS. So, digital art jockies out there, heed my words and don't make the same mistake. Make sure not only to check the dpi, but the size in Manga Studio.

And now, for Vesper:

Next, I have a patron who is having me do a whole slew of fantasy pics, you've seen some of his commissions prior. He likes having individual shots, and then some kind of group shot. So expect more from him, I will be doing these through the spring and into summer in between the big movie job.

These two are vampiric Drow hunters. Sounds like a pretty formidable duo.

visual storytelling

www.StornArt.com

www.sonsofkryos.com

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 am

Storn wrote:A bit sparse..on what I can share these days. I've got a big project on my table for a movie. NDAs are in place, so I can only talk about it in limited fashion. But I'm doing sorta mini-matte paintings for a fantasy movie that the actors are going to be in front of. It is really cool, hard and fun. In between approvals and fixes... I will still do my private commissions, but I might not be getting quite as many of them done as before. But here is one, just done for Death Tribble.

Problems elsewhere meant that this is the most easily accessible of the places to view this piece for which thank you.
Dangerous when cute

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am

So, the series of modern vampires and their prey and hunters I've been doing are for a collection of characters for a novel by Paul Leone.

Here is Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Mysterious-Vatica ... B00BRIENTS

And here is the link to his website with cool notes and background stuff: http://paul-leone.com/miscellany/

And here is another one of the above mentioned characters, fresh off the Storn Art table.
Next up is a "post-modern" superhero...
And then we have fantasy duo versions of Caliban and Prospero
visual storytelling

www.StornArt.com

www.sonsofkryos.com

Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:20 am

Got three femme fatales for ya! The first is another Death Tribble special, I called her Jewel, we didn’t really come up with a codename besides that.

Jewel

Next we have two ladies who are for an author’s upcoming fantasy novel. I don’t know much about it, just got a request to doodle up his creations based on his descriptions. When he gets his work up and out, I will certainly share it with y’all.

Reeka

Zaama
visual storytelling

www.StornArt.com

www.sonsofkryos.com

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am

Storn wrote:Got three femme fatales for ya! The first is another Death Tribble special, I called her Jewel, we didn’t really come up with a codename besides that.

Jewel

Right this one requires a bit of explanation. Due to problems elsewhere a project I am undertaking (for fun and to keep me occupied) got delayed. The idea was to do 12 generic characters. Because of the dealys and because I had paid Storn this idea came up into my head.
Yes those are real gems. Except that you cannot pry them loose from her flesh. And if somehow you decapitated her (i.e. by cheating) the gems would fade and her flesh rot to nothing.
The hands and arms to the elbows are living metal similar to the Robert Patrick version of the Terminator. The exception being that she can use them to parry attacks and they can resist high and low temperatures or even block something like a Jedi's light sabre.
The other power stunt is that if you managed to knock her out and then tried to decapitate her the attack would bounce/fail and she would fully awaken restored to full health.
Dangerous when cute

Return to “Drawing Board”