Dan Christensen's art thread

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Dan Christensen's art thread

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 am

Very nice!

RhimeFyre
Partisan
Partisan

Postby RhimeFyre » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm

I have to say, I like your work a lot. Way to go! :D

ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ultra8 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 pm

Very nice artwork. Reminds me of a mix of retro with DC: The New Frontier, defintely a professional style. Keep it up. :D
Who dares wins

"There are 10 million people in the World of Warcraft because Chuck Norris allows them to live."

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks very much DirkGentry, RhimeFyre and ultra8, it's always encouraging to get feedback like yours. In case any of you who live in Europe, the UK or even in the United States are interested, a few years ago I wrote and drew a graphic novel trilogy (published here in France by Carabas éditions) called Paranormal, a superhero story as seen from a super-villain's point of view. The book hasn't been published back home in the United States yet, but hopefully that will change soon. Here are a few covers and page samples from the book... if there is enough interest on the boards--and if I can find the time--I might even write up some MM character builds for the main characters of the book. Role-playing the old Villains and Vigilantes rpg is what generated several parts of the story, as well as more than a few characters, so it's only fitting that I write up some character stats...
At the moment I'm working on a fencing/noir graphic novel, as well as doing some rpg illustration for Hero Games. I worked on their Scourges of the Galaxy, Urban Fantasy Hero and Shades of Black books, and just finished a handful of illustrations for the upcoming Hero Games Martial Arts book. Working with Hero Games has been a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to do some M&M illustrations for Green Ronin as well one of these days. Anyway... hope you like the art from Paranormal.

Yojimbo28
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Yojimbo28 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:09 am

So this looks kickass. When does it become available in the states?

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am

I wish I knew. I've pitched the book around to several publishers (DC, Image, etc) but so far haven't found any takers. Which is a shame, because I'd love to get it published stateside...

ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ultra8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:39 pm

:D That looks awesome!!
Have you tried Oni! Press or Dynamite!
Guess I'll have to try Stuart Ng! and see if they have a copy.
Who dares wins

"There are 10 million people in the World of Warcraft because Chuck Norris allows them to live."

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 am

Thanks ultra8,

I'm a big Oni Press fan, so they were one of the first American publishers I pitched the book to, actually... unfortunately they told me they weren't planning on doing any color books in the big hardback "bande dessinée" format, so they passed on it... haven't tried Dynamite yet, though. Maybe I should send some copies their way.

I wasn't able to find my books on Stuart Ng's website, but you may want to try Amazon.fr or Fnac.com, or maybe even Bud Plant? If you (or anyone else out there) are interested, here are the complete titles:
Paranormal 1: L'Ogre
Paranormal 2: Les Ombres du Passé ("Shadows of the Past")
Paranormal 3: Dead Flowers
The publisher is Carabas, if that helps.
Happy hunting, and thanks for your interest in my work. I appreciate it!

Dan

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,
Been away for awhile but I thought I'd post a few werewolf sketches I came up with after going to see the new Wolf Man movie:
This last one is a sketch of Remus Lupin, my favorite character from the Harry Potter books.

Feel free to stop by my blog to see the full-sized images (just in case the Think Tank crops them). Thank you for looking!

Dan
Last edited by Nosfera2 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Images aren't showing up for me, Dan :(

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Hmmm. Crazy. I just re-entered the http link to them, let me know if you can see the images now...

Thanks for the heads-up Mike!

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 am

yep - works now. Looks excellent - as usual :)

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks! Glad to hear the links to the drawings are working now. Here are a couple more I posted on my blog today :
This is The Domino Lady, one of my favorite pulp characters (right after The Spider and The Shadow). There's more info about her on my blog for anyone who's interested.

-Dan
Last edited by Nosfera2 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:56 am

Dan - could you put a link to your blog up? Or maybe put it in your signature line? That'd be super. :)

As always - I love the clean lines and the pulpy vibe. Let me know when your book is up for sale in the US - I'll pick one up. Do you have anything for sale online?

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 am

Mike- I just added links to my blog and online store to my signature. Again, thanks for the heads-up... I had added the site info on my profile page, but not on my posts.
Glad you like the drawings, I will be sure to let you all know when my current project finds a home in the US (I should have some news soon). Also, if you're interested, on my online store I am selling copies of a 46-page book I self-published through ComiXpress awhile ago; it contains several short stories that were published by indy comic companies over here between 1998-2000... AND they're in English.

Return to “Drawing Board”