Dan Christensen's art thread

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Dan Christensen's art thread

Postby Nosfera2 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. You're right, the ugly wound on the suit-wearing character's arm is an important part of the plot. News to follow as things come together. I'll try to post some sample pages once I send the project off to publishers.

You used to live in Tucson? Wow, crazy how small the world is. I grew up in Tucson, and still keep in touch with Charlie. He's a good friend and has been selling me comics since I was eleven, (I still order all my comics exclusively from him, even though I live in France now) so I contributed some art to some auctions and fundraisers he held in his store recently. Charlie is doing well and working hard; he's located on 22nd and Craycroft right now, but will be moving to a different location in October. I bet he'd be happy to see you the next time you roll through town.

Dan

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi everyone,
Here are some of the illustrations I did for the recently-released Hero System Bestiary (published by Hero Games). These were based on the beast-men from the H.G. Wells novel The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Thanks for looking!

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Nosfera2 wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. You're right, the ugly wound on the suit-wearing character's arm is an important part of the plot. News to follow as things come together. I'll try to post some sample pages once I send the project off to publishers.

You used to live in Tucson? Wow, crazy how small the world is. I grew up in Tucson, and still keep in touch with Charlie. He's a good friend and has been selling me comics since I was eleven, (I still order all my comics exclusively from him, even though I live in France now) so I contributed some art to some auctions and fundraisers he held in his store recently. Charlie is doing well and working hard; he's located on 22nd and Craycroft right now, but will be moving to a different location in October. I bet he'd be happy to see you the next time you roll through town.

Dan

Yeah - Charlie is a good guy. I wish I could find a store as cool as his in colorado

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:57 am

I really like the reptilian guy. He's awesome! :D

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 am

congrats on the Hero gig - and I'm partial to the black panther guy.

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 am

@ The Argent Protector & dirkgentry2000:- thanks guys! Glad you liked the drawings. I just finished working on Hero Games' upcoming Champions Villains vol.1 and will post some of the illustrations I did for it as soon as I get the green light from the publisher.

In the meantime, here are a couple pages of Moon Knight drawings I came up with the other day:

By the way, I thought I'd include a drawing I did of Moon Knight when I was nine, just for fun. Thanks for looking!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 am

Splendid work Mr Christiensen! :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks Libra!

Here is the cover for a short story I drew a few years ago called The Archer and the Giant. I just posted it on the French webcomic site http://www.manolosanctis.com... there's a link on my website for anyone out there who would like to read the story (it's a "silent" story, so even if you don't speak French, you'll still understand what's happening... if I did my job correctly, that is! Incidentally, my $100,000 Uppercut story is also on the website, but it's in French). Hope you dig!

In other news, Champions Villains vol.1 will be available shortly, I'm told... as soon as I get permission from Hero Games to post the illlustrations I did for the book, I'll be sure to post them here.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 am

amazing archer pic

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:59 am

It's rather wonderful, in fact - Might I ask if you'e ever drawn Green Arrow Nosfera II?
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 am

dirkgentry2000- Thanks Mike!

Libra- Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Here's a Golden Age Green Arrow I posted earlier, but I don't think I've ever drawn a modern version of Oliver Queen... I'll have to rectify that.

I'm a big fan of archer characters and was fortunate enough to draw one in Champions Villains vol.3... will post it here as soon as I can.

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:34 am

Just got the green light from Hero Games, so here are some of the illustrations I did for their latest rpg book, Champions Villains vol.1: Master Villains:

I don't know how many of you folks play the Champions Online MMORPG, but hopefully those who do will recognize some of these characters.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 am

I'm afraid that I don't recognise the characters, but I certainly recognise the quality of your rendition of them Master Christensen. :D

Nosfera2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nosfera2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey thanks Libra!

Here's a pin-up I did for Neil Vokes' and Jack Herman's Eagle: The Original Adventures trade paperback that will be published by Moonstone Books sometime next year.

Eagle is one of my all-time favorite comics, and was published during the big black & white comic book boom in the late 1980's. It tells the story of mysterious supernatural investigator and martial artist Richard Eagle, who crossed swords with deadly assassin cults and supernatural threats in a futuristic city. He was helped in his investigations by a mystical (and evil) orb of almost unlimited power, which he controlled—barely—using his vast knowledge of magic. I highly recommend the series to anyone wanting to add a touch of supernatural to their superhero campaigns.

Also, if you're interesed, I posted a step-by-step process for the drawing on my blog. Thanks for looking!

guerrillasuit
Bystander
Bystander

Postby guerrillasuit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Dan,

That is fantastic work. I love how loose and comfortable your stuff looks. I like the Kirby and the Darwyn Cooke style you've got going. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could lossen up my own work.
For Justice!
Guerrillasuit

Return to “Drawing Board”