Request: Ring Bearer

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
SentryGun
Bystander
Bystander

Request: Ring Bearer

Postby SentryGun » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Good day

This is a quick call for help to find some cool art.

I am playing a game this weekend with my seven year old son, and his friend. My son is playing a ring bearer, like Green Lantern, and I am looking for some art of ring bearer's that are not "wizards" as in the Archetype Archive.

Wizard is my son's description, not mine, but it seems to work. If anyone has a cool image they have, or could direct me to that I could print off and let him use, it would be appreciated.

First game that he has played, and is really into it, so I was looking for some good art to continue dragging him into the game.

Thanks

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 am

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. In one paragraph, you mention looking for a ring bearer who doesn't look like a wizard, and then you mention that 'wizard' is your son's description.

Can you throw out any other suggestions for appearance or what you're looking for?

Morgan_Scott82
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Morgan_Scott82 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:44 pm

I believe that he means the means his son describes the pictures of 'Ring Barer" heroes he's seen as wizards and would like to find an image of a ring barer that looks less like a wizard. Is that correct SentryGun?

If so why not find a good GL picture? Maybe not one of the well known GLs like Alan Scott, Guy Gardener, Hal Jorden, John Stuart, or Kyle Rayner, but one of the other human looking members of the GL corps.

Chris F
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Chris F » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:44 am

How about this?

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Made the actual picture and then completely spaced on uploading it.

Anyway, I hope this helps get your son into gaming, Sentry.

Wasabi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wasabi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Simply beautiful Omega Girl!

On another completely unrelated note - Do you do commissions? I would be willing to pay a reasonable rate for both your time and effort!
~ Wasabi ~
Essentially not everyone can be a hero because some people need saving. And someone needs to be the guy to save the civilians from.

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:07 pm

I do in fact take commissions. My work is mostly illustrating kid's books and text books, but I love supers. Send me an email at amazon dot chique at gmail.com or go to my website: http://clockworkamazon.com/

Ezram
Hero
Hero

Postby Ezram » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:10 am

Was that drawn with a ballpoint pen?

SentryGun
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SentryGun » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 am

That image is fantastic, I was just hoping to be pointed in the direction of an character, but this is great!

My son has been playing M&M for a few games, and having a good time. I have been working some of his other interests into the game as well - big buildings, and things falling down, so the game has lots of action.

Thanks for the image. it is great! My son is using it, and his characters name is "Ring"...which is about as inspired as some of the adults that I game with ;)

Wasabi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wasabi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Omega Girl wrote:I do in fact take commissions. My work is mostly illustrating kid's books and text books, but I love supers. Send me an email at amazon dot chique at gmail.com or go to my website: http://clockworkamazon.com/

Will do! I just bookmarked your site as well - Awesome job!
~ Wasabi ~

Essentially not everyone can be a hero because some people need saving. And someone needs to be the guy to save the civilians from.

Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Was that drawn with a ballpoint pen?

Blue pencil, actually. They've got a little wax in them, and they glide very easily across paper.

That image is fantastic, I was just hoping to be pointed in the direction of an character, but this is great!

My son has been playing M&M for a few games, and having a good time. I have been working some of his other interests into the game as well - big buildings, and things falling down, so the game has lots of action.

Thanks for the image. it is great! My son is using it, and his characters name is "Ring"...which is about as inspired as some of the adults that I game with

Always happy to help people get into gaming, especially when it can limber-up my lazy drawing arm.

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Keep that arm limber Omega Girl. Love your contributions!

Return to “Drawing Board”