Scanning

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Jason_Sunday
Henchman
Henchman

Scanning

Postby Jason_Sunday » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am

I would like to to post some of my art here but I have no scanner. Anyone have any idea's of where one could go to get this done?

EscherEnigma
Groupie
Groupie

Postby EscherEnigma » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Your public library almost certainly has a staff scanner*, and may have a public-use one. So depending on your library and how friendly/helpful the staff are, you might be able to scan something in that way.

Depending on where you are, you might also check the library at the local college/university.

If you're a student check your school, it may have a computer lab with a scanner.

*Because of Inter-Library Loan. They use it for journal articles and sometimes for small sections of books.

Agent 626
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Agent 626 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 am

A thing to think about is that a scanner that is up to snuff for scanning B&W line art/pencils isn't pricey at all. While they used to cost hundreds, you can pick up a cheap Canon scanner for about $75. Depending on the cost at wherever you go to get it done and the amount of drawings you wish to scan, you may find simply owning one to be the less expensive route.

Return to “Drawing Board”