Hero Factory (Fábrica de Heróis ) Thread

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Hero Factory (Fábrica de Heróis ) Thread

Postby TheComet » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 am

The original "DCAU" style Hero Factory is now defunct, and the new version is up and running (albeit in a beta version as of this posting). So, in light of that, I'm starting a new thread for the posting of images using the new version.

Here's the link:

http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/

It's still in Portuguese, but this time there is translation readily available on the site. Once you pick a template and it loads, you'll notice a button that looks like an American flag up in the top right corner. Click on that, and the Portuguese will become English.

To kick off the new thread, here's a picture of my signature heroine, The Comet:

Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 am

Annnnnd some silliness... :lol:

DOK-TUH! MY BRAIN 'URTS!!
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!

Mr_Raven
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Mr_Raven » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:27 pm

good points

english translation now

you can 'scale' some of the poses to be thinner or smaller

BUT THERE IS NOW NO WAY TO CHANGE THE PATTERNS OR SCROLL THROIUGH THE OPTIONS, MAJOR NO NO
if you cant do the time , dont do the crime

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Looks like yet another update, but it doesn't quite work yet. Can anyone read when it might be working?
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

Roman Virtue
Hero
Hero

Postby Roman Virtue » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Nevermind, looks like it's working now!
Legends Never Die!!!
Roman Virtues Facebook

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:42 am

Oh wow I really like some of the new things he's added! You can change the body shape and size with a single click now. I haven't tried it out yet, but it also seems that you can draw things yourself if you need to. Nice!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Not bad at all, I must say. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am

Yay! With the ability to increase the size and change the position of any element, The Comet can have her extra-long hair back!

:D

KnightDisciple
Groupie
Groupie

Postby KnightDisciple » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:03 pm

I like all the options, and the straight forward pose is nice, but I wish:
A.)It wasn't so buggy; half the time I can't color anything.
B.)There was an option for not "active" version of the powers.

Also, if I do manage to get something that I like built on that, how would I go about saving the image?

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am

You have to take a screen shot (I use my Print Screen button) and save the screen shot in a photo-editing program like MS Paint.

JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JohnMatrix » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 pm

The colouring bug occurs when you scroll backwards or forwards through the options for a category such as Mask A. To colour it, I've found you have to click the category name itself, because if the last thing you clicked was the < or > buttons the colouring doesn't work.

Last edited by JohnMatrix on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JohnMatrix » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:12 am

Last edited by JohnMatrix on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

a.k.a. Legion
Hireling
Hireling

Postby a.k.a. Legion » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 pm

I wonder why it changed from the DC look to this one.

Not really keen on the way it looks now in terms of pose. but I do like the english translation
It doesn't matter if you Win or Lose. So long as you look good doing it.
~Words to rogue by~

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 pm

JohnMatrix wrote:The colouring bug occurs when you scroll backwards or forwards through the options for a category such as Mask A. To colour it, I've found you have to click the category name itself, because if the last thing you clicked was the < or > buttons the colouring doesn't work.

Yup. It's still technically the beta version, so hopefully that will be fixed in the final along with the inclusion of the "brute" template.

Oculus Orbus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Oculus Orbus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:45 pm

a.k.a. Legion wrote:I wonder why it changed from the DC look to this one.

What I got from a translation I did (using Babelfish) a few months back was that he changed the style because of the increased popularity of the site- ultimately it had to do with more exposure and the use of some trademarked material (although I think he would have been okay to keep using the old figure designs). That and something about the increase in bandwidth usage and wanting to get a sponsor.

Return to “Drawing Board”