Hero Factory (Fábrica de Heróis ) Thread

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Superfreak
Champion
Champion

Re: Hero Factory (Fábrica de Heróis ) Thread

Postby Superfreak » Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 pm

xburning.matchesx wrote:Where can I get this version with all these neat Star Wars ones on it? lol

It's all stuff that's alraedy in there - just have to play around with all the features (you may have known that). If your a fan of Star Wars, is there anything in particular you would like to see done on Hero Factory from SW? I may be able to whip something up.
Superfreaking Out.

Twitch
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Twitch » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 am

I'm trying to use this now, but I'm having a few problems:

1. I don't see a flag to translate to english.

2. I'm just getting a black white screen surrounded by all these crazy menus. :D
My flash is up to date, anyone have a guess why I'm not seeing anything?
Twitch's Playable 3e Builds

I...sometimes I wonder, what if the powers I have, that my brother has, how do we know that they are the gifts of God, and not the tricks of the Devil?

maglaurus
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby maglaurus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:53 pm

The programmer recently updated the program, but he/she has yet to make a translation. Unlike the old program(s), when you start this one it doesn't begin with a basic body type. You have to click on the menus in the upper left-hand corner to get the ball rolling. There are now just three menus to build, the first is for the physical body, the second for clothes, and the third for equipment and powers. Oh, and you need to click on one of the letters rather than the title ("cabeca", "torax", etc.) because you can now do things like give a character multiple layers of everything (body, clothes, etc.) for added detail.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
Freidrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby danelsan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 am

In case some of you are having problems with the Menus in Portuguese, let me translate:

BLUE MENU - Appearance
Cabeça - Head (note: horns also here; Now we also have facial features in here, such as chins)
Tórax - Chest
B. Direito - Right Arm (the B. stands for "Braço")
B. Esquerdo - Left Arm
M. Inferiores - Lower Members (M. stands for "membros")
Asas - Wings (note: the tails are also here)
Cabelo - Hair
Orelhas - Ears
Sobrancelhas - Eyebrows
Olhos - Eyes
Nariz - Nose
Boca - Mouth
Barba - Beard

RED MENU - Clothing
Mascara - Mask
Elmo - Helm (all kinds of headgear are in here)
Pescoço - Neck
Camisa - Shirt
Peitoral - Pectoral
Ombros - Shoulders
Costas - Back
Cintura - Waist
Pernas - Legs
Calças - Pants
Luvas - Gloves
Punhos - Wrists
Pés - Feet
Botas - Boots

GREEN MENU - Accessories
A. Corte - Cutting Weapons (A. Stands for "Armas")
A. Contusão - Contusing Weapons
A. Perfuração - Perforating Weapons
A. Fogo - Firearms
Ferramenta - Tool
Símbolo - Symbol
Símbolo - Symbol (this second line has different symbols, including various kinds of alphabet)
Mascote - Mascot
Poder - Power
Base - Base

NOTE: you will note that several items have version for two sides or single side (example: wrist items appear on both sides initially, but the last items are repeated and only on the right arm).

Older versions would have the right side, then the left side. This version does not. If you want a left side item, take the right-sided one and use the "Inverter" button (invert) on the lower left menu.

NOTE 2: For each kind of item, the "E" and "F" are disabled. These are only available for those who donate to receive the offline version. For the interested, a donation of R$ 10,00 (10 Reais, the Brazzilian money, worth about 5 dollars) gives you the ofline version of Hero Factory 2010 and, as soon as it is ready in january, the offline Hero Factory 2011

NOTE 3: I am in no way affiliated or responsible for Hero Factory. But I am from Brazil so the site is easy for me to understand. Just trying to be helpful

Later I'll post some of my creations with Hero Factory
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

humble minion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby humble minion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 am

I'm having trouble with this as well. I just keep getting a white screen on the drawing canvas, no matter what menu items or physique I click on. I don't even get a blank outline. I've got Flash 10 installed, so that shouldn't be a problem. Is there a trick to getting started?

Edit: got it working, never mind!

Rodzilla
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Rodzilla » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:14 pm

humble minion wrote:Edit: got it working, never mind!

Any chance you'll share with us that which you yourself were once inquiring about?

humble minion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby humble minion » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 am

Rodzilla wrote:

Any chance you'll share with us that which you yourself were once inquiring about?

Apologies, I haven't looked in this forum for a long time and I didn't see this post!

Basically my problem was that (only being able to see the Portuguese button labels) I didn't realise that once you had selected the element slot, you then had to go down to the next button panel and use the forward/back buttons to scroll through available items. I'd wrongly assumed a 'default' body shape would appear like it did in hero machine.

But to be honest I mostly use the old fabricia these days - fabricia_x, the one that generates animation-style pictures. It's a lot less flexible, but it's so much easier to get faces looking decent and I hugely prefer the 3/4 angle view rather than the front-on view that fabricia de herois and the new hero machine use. And the final result just seems to have so much more character. Main problem is that there's so many fewer element options for each slot in the old version. So far I've been making do by just pinching bits (weapons in particular) from hero machine and pasting them into the fabricia_x pic in image editing software, but I can see a time in the future somewhere where I might be tempted to try to bust open the swf file and see if I can work out how to add my own components, just for personal use, assuming such a thing isn't too horribly illegal...

Rodzilla
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Rodzilla » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 am

humble minion wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:

Apologies, I haven't looked in this forum for a long time and I didn't see this post!

Basically my problem was that (only being able to see the Portuguese button labels) I didn't realise that once you had selected the element slot, you then had to go down to the next button panel and use the forward/back buttons to scroll through available items. I'd wrongly assumed a 'default' body shape would appear like it did in hero machine.

But to be honest I mostly use the old fabricia these days - fabricia_x, the one that generates animation-style pictures. It's a lot less flexible, but it's so much easier to get faces looking decent and I hugely prefer the 3/4 angle view rather than the front-on view that fabricia de herois and the new hero machine use. And the final result just seems to have so much more character. Main problem is that there's so many fewer element options for each slot in the old version. So far I've been making do by just pinching bits (weapons in particular) from hero machine and pasting them into the fabricia_x pic in image editing software, but I can see a time in the future somewhere where I might be tempted to try to bust open the swf file and see if I can work out how to add my own components, just for personal use, assuming such a thing isn't too horribly illegal...

No apologies necessary. I was just curious to see if what you found would/could work for me. Thank you for the response, humble!!

Ellmo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ellmo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 am

Here is my first messing around with this little app. Added the background and Text in Powerpoint. I have no clue why the border lines are showing up but oh well. From left to right front to back they are: Misty (tech weather controller), Ed' Nigma a.k.a. The Riddler (Crime Fighter), Gator (Totom/Powerhouse), and Strike (Speedster). Im curently GMing this group of Heros. It is a Teen Heros game and we are about to start Issue 2.

This program is great for whipping out basic concept drawing and costume designees that I can then use as reference for hand drawing.

Return to “Drawing Board”