Art Request: Young Wizard bounded to Demon

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
-Tabris-
Bystander
Bystander

Art Request: Young Wizard bounded to Demon

Postby -Tabris- » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 am

Hello people, this is my first post in the Atomic Think Tank and also my first M&M character. So i would like to see what the artist here can do, if i like i might put a request for his companions in his team.

The concept of the character is simple, a young mage (he is just 18) from a traditional family of wizards had his spirit bounded to a demon and gained infernal powers, trying to keep his internal demon at bay, he begins using his new powers to help people and fight evil in his own way, sort of a John Constantine meets Ghost Rider, but with no trench-coat and no kickass bike.

Here goes a quick description of the character:

Anthony Faust (AKA Warlock) is just a young adult who recently made 18 years, he looks a normal anglo-saxon american in general, only his looks might give him away as more than a normal person, he is 1,81m tall and is a little bit thin, because he rarely engages in any physical activity. He has black hair that is not exactly short, but is not very long also, he also has black eyes that are most of the time in a calm and contemplative expression.

When Anthony he calls upon the power Choronzon, the Demon of Chaos that is bounded to his soul, he changes, his eyes turn completely black, his face becomes pale and his expression is empty and emotionless most of the time, his face is different enough that he don't wears a mask when transformed. His body is covered with flames of a sick green, that he controls at will, his skin also changes, becoming more leathery, altought the transformation is hard to notice for most people eyes.

His powers include the control of this hellfire, demonic leathery skin, the black magic of Choronzon (Which he can use to cast unholy darkness and summon lesser demons), the ability to speak the Tongue of Babel (so understanding all languages and writings) and finally the ability to sense magic (Only the last two are really his abilities from his own magic and training, all others were gained by having Choronzon bounded to his soul).

Some notes about Warlock:
:arrow: Yes, the description is long but very vague, it's on purpose. i want to give liberty to the artist to picture the character the way he fells like, i only give the description so he knows what he got into, and those notes so he can get the "tone" of the character and learn some of my own ideas about him.
:arrow: Anthony in his normal identity is a normal looking guy, it's not that he is a John Doe, just that few things really stand out, however he is distinguished by the way he dresses, some may even thing that it gives him away as a mage. No, he don't uses black robes all day, but he wears simple amulets and clothes you don't normally see. Take a look at the blonde guy in this picture and you might understand what i'm trying to say: http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7989/jackfaustua9.jpg
:arrow: In the same picture you see a guy with a black robe and a halo of green fire. I toyed with the idea of Warlock having a similar halo, but i think it would seem redundant in someone that is covered in green fire, if you think you can make it stand from the rest of the fire and look cool then do that.
:arrow: I know what you think. Demonic leathery skin, totally black eyes, body is burning with wicked green fire, maybe a ring of green flames in his head...
This guy could easily stand in a crowd as a freak, sort of a green human torch with demon features and cold black eyes, well... He shouldn't.
The thing is, this is not that kind of campaign, not that king of character. All members in his group look like normal humans all the time, even when using their powers and this is not the kind of setting where we see people like that all the time, even amount super-heroes. His powers should be noticed when they are active, but they are someway subtle. His hellfire don't covers his whole body, he has total control over it, so most of the time it will be like just some parts of him are burning in green flames, this is however not fire enough to hide his features or anything like that, more like a literal aura.

His leathery skin is also very hard to notice, if noticeable at all, most people would only think there's something supernatural by touching him.

Well... i'm sorry for the long post, sorry for the bad english. I hope somebody will actually take the time to read through this and draw the character with the right tone and feeling to it. If you want to ask anything, them you are welcomed. If you want his character sheet i might post it too.

I thank everybody who reads this anyway. Good gaming, fellows.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Well...Here's my take...I didn't do a flamin' green demon...I did remember to throw in the halo, and decided a sort of 'My Chemical Romance' kinda look for Warlock. Sorry about the look of Choronzon. (BTW, there's a great version of this demon in Sandman...the first mini series that led to the actual series, Morpheus has a showdown with him ;) )

-Tabris-
Bystander
Bystander

Postby -Tabris- » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 am

I'm sorry i didn't saw someone aswner that thread before, so i'm sorry to ressurect it. The character ended up not lasting much do i never came back to see the thread. I would like to thank alienmastermind for the incredible artpiece. It will even be used in my game for another character from another player.

EDIT: BTW, didn't even remember that demon from Sandman was Choronzon. The story is heavily based in something that some people say happened to Aleister Crowley (Promethea even tells this story) so the name of the demon is the same.

Return to “Drawing Board”