DCAU Hero Image Machine (Hero-O-Matic = Liberty Ladies)

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
ultaraguyver
Hireling
Hireling

Postby ultaraguyver » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:54 am

hey
not sure if this is mentions but you can add shadows with the second texturas option under the colour palate.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 am

Samson wrote:Ok here is my first attempt with the Freedom City's Golden Age Patriot. I couldn'y get it exactly how I wanted (I wanted it to seem more like a jacket with a line in the middle, but eventually, I will figure it out.) I don't have photoshop, but I do have the Paint program so I can throw it up here.

To put a line in the middle try adding a "half shirt" in one of the upper layers and paint it with the same color of the lower layers.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Samson wrote:Ok here is my first attempt with the Freedom City's Golden Age Patriot. I couldn'y get it exactly how I wanted (I wanted it to seem more like a jacket with a line in the middle, but eventually, I will figure it out.) I don't have photoshop, but I do have the Paint program so I can throw it up here.

To put a line in the middle try adding a "half shirt" in one of the upper layers and paint it with the same color of the lower layers.

OK, I'll give it a shot.

"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

Mr_Raven
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Mr_Raven » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:13 pm

new version previewed on Youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G_XhPoPNdmA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UZQnppL0I&NR=1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U-D3356NJ ... re=related

looks like moving away from the Timm style, which I hope he keeps as a previous incarnation..

SuperChris
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SuperChris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 pm

As much as I like Timm-style art... the new version looks really nice. And, I think, more user friendly.

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 am

This thread is still going strong... amazing.

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 am

SuperChris wrote:As much as I like Timm-style art... the new version looks really nice. And, I think, more user friendly.

I have similar mixed feelings. I really like the Timm style, but if the new interface lets you make more interesting characters with greater diversity, then I'm all for it.
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 am

I'm at work in the breakroom so I can see the youtube deal (they have it blocked), I would guess its still in portuguese, correct?
"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

ultaraguyver
Hireling
Hireling

Postby ultaraguyver » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 am

I think so, the videos title is in portugese but you cant see any writing in the vid its self, It does look really good though.
Does anyone know when in 2009 its supposed to come out and if its free or not?

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 pm

This is from Google Translator, so the grammar is a bit wonky, but, this is from the blog posts a few pages back...

Gentlemen, the vacancies are open to the League of Factory 2009.

Privileges of registered: Privileges of registered:

- Offline updated version every month, the online version will be updated every six months; - Offline updated version every month, the online version will be updated every six months;
- Participate in tournaments Official; - Participate in tournaments Officer;
- Join the Official Competitions; - Join the Official Competitions;
- Joining FH Arena (with the approval of the director of the Arena) - Joining FH Arena (with the approval of the director of Arena);
- ID League; - ID League;
- Power choose an item to be included in an upcoming update; - Power choose an item to be included in an upcoming update;
- 10 fps (Points Factory) - 10 fps (Points Factory);

Period: Period:

- The period is six months, the insured will be part of the League for 6 months from 1st February 2009 to July 31, 2009 (date subject to change) - The period is six months, the insured will be part of the League for 6 months from 1st February 2009 to July 31, 2009 (date subject to change);
- During the Semestralidade the member shall be entitled to 6 competitions, 3 tournaments (number of tournaments in the arena is open FH) and 6 updates from factory; - During the Semestralidade the member shall be entitled to 6 competitions, 3 tournaments (number of tournaments in the arena is open FH) and 6 updates from factory;

Amount of Entry: Amount of Registration:

- The value is $ 30.00 to be deposited or transferred to the account of the factory. - The value is $ 30.00 to be deposited or transferred to the account of the factory.
- The value of above character gift has been reversed and the maintenance of the site hosting the air and can not be returned to the member in case of withdrawal; - The value of above character gift has been reversed and the maintenance of the site hosting the air and can not be returned to the member in case of withdrawal;
- Please, think well before the benefits of signing up; - Please, think well before the benefits of signing up;

Vacancies Vacancies

50 vacancies are open to members, of which 10 are reserved for members of the board of the factory. 50 vacancies are open to members, of which 10 are reserved for members of the board of the factory.

http://www.fabricadeherois.com.br/tabela.html http://www.fabricadeherois.com.br/tabela.html

The entries occur until December 31, 2008 The entries occur until December 31, 2008

Only those who are sure of registration, send an email to: Only those who are sure of registration, send an email to:

heroomatic@gmail.com

With the subject "of the League Factory" With the subject "of the League Factory"

Hugs, and we will keep the factory in HR! Hugs, and we will keep the factory in HR!

As near as I can tell with the wonky translation, if you pay $30 you get a downloadable version that is updated every month. There are other benefits as well, but at the moment I'm only concerned with what the new Hero Factory will look like and what it will let you do.

Otherwise, there is a free access page like before with the same functionality that's updated only every 6 months.
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!

TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby TheComet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:40 pm

More:

Well guys, I came here addresses some questions that appeared on the League:

What is the League? What is the League?

The League is an internal club where members are entitled to certain benefits described in previous post. The League is an internal club where members are entitled to certain benefits described in previous post. She is the source to keep the factory in the air, because as I said before, even as a blog archive of the factory is located on a server paid. She is the source to keep the factory in the air, because the I said before, even as a blog archive of the factory is located on a server paid.

The donations made for the inclusion in the league goes to the cost of hosting and maintenance. The donations made for the inclusion in the league goes to the cost of hosting and maintenance.

What are the FPS (Points Factory)? What are the FPS (Points Factory)?

The FPS, Points Factory, are a bonus for members, a "currency" in league with them, members may "buy" packages of items such as upgrades and new models. The FPS, Points Factory, are a bonus for members, the "currency" in league with them, members may "buy" packages of items such as upgrades and new models. They can be purchased through the donations, contributions and awards of tournaments and competitions. They can be purchased through the donations, contributions and awards of tournaments and competitions.

The factory will be paid? The factory will be paid?

No, the factory is free and will remain so. No, the factory is free and will remain so. Only the inclusion in the league is paid. Only the inclusion in the league is paid. The factory will continue to air until funds to keep it. The factory will continue to air until funds to keep it.

How will the updates? How will the updates?

It is defined as well: members of the league will receive a version of the factory to use at home, every month he will receive a new with the updates. It is defined as well: members of the league will receive a version of the factory to use at home, every month he will receive a new with the updates. The factory will be free online and updated quarterly, but with all the updates that members already received. The factory will be free online and updated quarterly, but with all the updates that members already received.

You ask me what the benefit is to join the league as the online will also be aatualizado, I say, wait 3 months. You ask me what the benefit is to join the league as the online will also be aatualizado, I say, wait 3 months.

I can pay less for fewer benefits? I can pay less for fewer benefits?

No. Unfortunately this package was done so close to stability to the factory and its functions, even if they had the competitions and tournaments the value would be the same. No. Unfortunately this package was done so close to stability to the factory and its functions, even if they had the competitions and tournaments the value would be the same.

Can I pay monthly or annual? Can I pay monthly or annual?

No. Only a half. No. Only a half.

Annnnnd for some reason, Google Translator is echoing itself in the translations. lol

I'll go back and edit out the duplicate sentences later. Right now I don't feel like it. :?

cyderak
Bystander
Bystander

Character requests

Postby cyderak » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Hey,

I tried to create characters and was successful but i can't get the saving process to work.

So if someone could make:

PITT
The TICK
LOBO
Darkness

and i have a personal request for one of my characters for Mutants and masterminds.

His name is NURRGAL. He is actually like PITT. The same race......CREED. and heres a description. He's got super strength ......can leap like the hulk (kind of hulk build.....so brute). He has a guantlet that can use hellfire and also summon 3 demons (so it kinda looks hellfire-ish......you know.....jagged edges......metallic deep red......emitting a fire glow) He is decked out in CREED warrior armor.....so basically the beefiest Metal armor you can find.

3 summoning demons:
1 succubus-like character
1 super strong demon
1 demon emitts a horrible debilitating stench (Fart Blast-Comic Relief)

thanks in advance if someone takes on this task.

later

Ramsey
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Character requests

Postby Ramsey » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:56 am

cyderak wrote:I tried to create characters and was successful but i can't get the saving process to work.

This thing can save?
I always use print screen.

yomogami
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Character requests

Postby yomogami » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:53 am

Ramsey wrote:
cyderak wrote:I tried to create characters and was successful but i can't get the saving process to work.

This thing can save?
I always use print screen.

i think that's what he means.

also finally found out for mac users how to capture image [command+shift+4] this brings up a cursor to frame the image you want to save to desktop. thanks alicia for pointing that out to me!
it's like knocking someone off a bike with a baseball bat. you never really forget how. by john taylor [simon green author]

forgive the small type. my arthritis makes it difficult to use the shift key.

Ramsey
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ramsey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 am

So has anyone tried out this newfangled beta-version yet?
Personally I'm kind of missing the old one. Does anybody know of a mirror site or something that still has the old version?

I'd look for it myself, but I can't understand a word on that site...

Return to “Drawing Board”