JD's Photo Studios (Magazine Covers)

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Captain Africa
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Captain Africa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 am

the quality of the art varies alot, i call shinannigans. post elsewhere since thats not superhero art

Jason Altland
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Jason Altland » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Captain Africa wrote:the quality of the art varies alot, i call shinannigans. post elsewhere since thats not superhero art

I could have sworn it said Bystander under your name and not Moderator. I like Joshua's stuff, and have used his TIME magazine cover in a Paragons game (with permission). I especially like that he uses a lot of "real" people in his stuff because I "cast" my Paragons games like a movie to add realism and show that we're not playing a four-color game.

If you don't like his stuff, or find it irrelevant, there isn't anyone forcing you to click the link to this thread.
You only get to unmake reality once

http://www.crimsonhandgamers.com

Captain Africa
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Captain Africa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:45 pm

404 Error
Last edited by Captain Africa on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Captain Africa wrote:relevance is the name of the game

Funny i dont recall reading in the guidelines that the artwork needs to be specifically Super Hero Artwork; if that's the case your gonna get bitched by several artists who post "fantasy" art work on this part of the forums. . You have stated your opinion, and it's time to move on. Even if i do consider it offensive. 8)

SassyRonin wrote:As always, use of the Drawing Board section of these forums is subject to our Terms of Service and our Copyright Protection Policy. Failure to comply with the rules can result in varied consequences. Let's exercise politeness and common sense and said consequences can remain an ominous mystery.

In short, only post your own art here. Host it on your own site or on an image hosting service that allows you to link to an image hosted on their site. Don't steal bandwidth. Don't "steal" art or pretend that someone else's art is yours.

This forum is for artists to post threads showing off their artwork. Please don't start a thread in here unless it's for that purpose. Feel free to comment in someone else's art thread.

Play nice and no one will need to get a timeout.

And oh yeah--have fun!

My artwork is about super hero's in Real Life, i think that is pretty relevant. My choice to use them as Magazine Cover's is just a neat little niche i have made for myself. A fictional magazine about super heroe's in my Millennium Universe Setting. So why not open up that tight little mind of yours, and expand your perceptions. Now lets move on, and enjoy. 8)

Jason Altland wrote:If you don't like his stuff, or find it irrelevant, there isn't anyone forcing you to click the link to this thread.

Wise and Sage advice, if you don't have something nice to say. Don't say it all.

HowwwwL
Hireling
Hireling

Postby HowwwwL » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 pm

I love the superhero magazine covers Joshua, keep up the good work.

:D

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Keep 'em coming Josh. You got lots of people who like to see what you can come up with.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed May 20, 2009 10:48 am

Here's a little something i whiped together, thought i would try something small instead of a really big body alteration. Who knows maybe i'll turn her into a paragons or Millennium character build.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Joshua's Artistic Corner

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am

This one was tricky, since i was trying to mold her into a "space" background. But i think it came out rather good considering it all. I was a little unhappy with the blending of her flesh into the background.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 am

Joshua Dunlow, your artwork is always fun to peruse - keep it coming! 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Alexander
Champion
Champion

Postby Alexander » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 am

Thes eare some amazing images. Don't you care none about all those negative comments: haters gonna hate. Just keep that the good work :)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:54 am

Alexander wrote:Thes eare some amazing images. Don't you care none about all those negative comments: haters gonna hate. Just keep that the good work :)

Well the quotes on this thread, are from when my artwork was alot different.
Thankfully, i've found a niche with the magazine covers. Everyone seems to like those.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else feel Dr Stack is exuding a certain Xanatos-esque quality? 8)

Keep up the good work Joshua Dunlow! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Libra wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel Dr Stack is exuding a certain Xanatos-esque quality? 8)

Keep up the good work Joshua Dunlow! :D

We speaking of the same Xanatos from the Gargoyle TV series?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

. . .

Will I loose Geek Credits if I say 'Yes'? :oops:

Return to “Drawing Board”