JD's Photo Studios (Magazine Covers)

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Wasabi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wasabi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 pm

I think that something more along the lines of "METAHUMANS ~ an expose by Joshua Dunlow" using your mag cover design would look cool. But if you want to go with the thread idea you have worked up its not to shabby either!
~ Wasabi ~
Essentially not everyone can be a hero because some people need saving. And someone needs to be the guy to save the civilians from.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Wasabi wrote:I think that something more along the lines of "METAHUMANS ~ an expose by Joshua Dunlow" using your mag cover design would look cool. But if you want to go with the thread idea you have worked up its not to shabby either!

I like that idea too! If Libra had his way, he'd want me to put some fine beautiful woman back as my sig. LoL. I'm just glad i went ahead and bought Corel's Paint Shop Pro X2. Definetly alot better, than Paint Shop Pro 6.2 :?

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey Josh, good to see some new stuff here. Looking forward to seeing more digital work!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:51 pm

If Libra had his way, he'd want me to put some fine beautiful woman back as my sig.

Well now that you mention it. . . :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

HowwwwL
Hireling
Hireling

Postby HowwwwL » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:50 pm

I actually used some of your magazine covers in my campaign. I love the magazine covers the best of all your work and very useful for a GM...

:D

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:40 pm

HowwwwL wrote:I actually used some of your magazine covers in my campaign. I love the magazine covers the best of all your work and very useful for a GM...

:D

Thanks HowwwwL, i really enjoy doing the magazine covers when i am inspired. It's been awhile since i have touched my thread here, but i did want people to know i have a deviant art page of my own now. And a few scans of some of my own very humble hand drawn work. So please check it out.

http://joshuadunlow.deviantart.com/

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:28 am

I never knew just how complicated doing one of these was, but now that i finally tried. I have much more appreciation for those who do them. But i have always wanted to try and do a space scene, and this one came out pretty good. I was going to add some kind of planetoid or a moon or something, but i don't even know where to start with that.

Another thing im not sure how to fix, this picture doesn't look half as good now that i have saved it and then uploaded it onto the net. Some of the color nuances have dissapeared in the translation.

ultaraguyver
Hireling
Hireling

Postby ultaraguyver » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:I was going to add some kind of planetoid or a moon or something, but i don't even know where to start with that.

Have you tried with a circle :)
Seriously though excellant space scene, I personally know that they are alot more difficult then just black with white dots. Few people realize that space has texture.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:26 am

ultaraguyver wrote:
JoshuaDunlow wrote:I was going to add some kind of planetoid or a moon or something, but i don't even know where to start with that.

Have you tried with a circle :)
Seriously though excellant space scene, I personally know that they are alot more difficult then just black with white dots. Few people realize that space has texture.

Yeah no kidding, and several layers of nuances to boot. Thanks, i really wish you could see the original picture in all it's glory though, it looks alot better. I turned it into a wallpaper for my computer. I'll try the circle though and play around with some texture fills.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 pm

And here's a new magazine cover i'm working on for a new Millennium City character called DJ, a super strength sonic controller. But this might change a little, im trying to come up with some interesting power twists when i can.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 am

Okey-dokey JD. I can hardly wait to see the results. :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JohnMatrix » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Another thing im not sure how to fix, this picture doesn't look half as good now that i have saved it and then uploaded it onto the net. Some of the color nuances have dissapeared in the translation.

I think this might be because browsers only display a limited range of colours, maybe 32-bit or something. I can't quite remember it from xhtml lessons but I'll have a look if that's the case.

Edit: I'm slightly wrong, but I'm also slightly right. It seems to have something to do with differences in managing colour in different programs. Try here, here and here for explanations.

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:26 am

Swayne Johnson is the real name of the wrestler and actor The Rock.
Dangerous when cute

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 am

death tribble wrote:Swayne Johnson is the real name of the wrestler and actor The Rock.

Yup ;)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 am

I thought it was Dwayne?

Return to “Drawing Board”