the art of Scott James!

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Scott James
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Scott James » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 am

Hey all- here is an auction my rep is put on on ebay so enjoy!!!! Oh and thanks oldmancoyote

http://cgi.ebay.com/33-Sci-Fi-Fantasy-R ... dZViewItem

DrZero
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby DrZero » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:35 am

Anything new to show Scott? always a pleasure to see your work.

Scott James
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Scott James » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:51 am

since you asked yes and no!! LOL I am currently working on an M&M cover for the next RPG and I believe I'll be doing a few archetypes fer said RPG! I've been busy working on rough Trade which it sound like it will be an image book! here are the pages from savage Dragon #132 which came out in September!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am

Now that's just awesome!

You may want to post the pictures as links though. Some of the subject matter seems a little. . .risque for the Think Tank. :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

etrigan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby etrigan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:13 am

Hey! I really like the picts at 7:15 and 9:00... And then I realised... this is almost 2 hours non-stop! Well, I gess Savage Dragon as not yet reach is thirty and probably don't have kids... :-)
And I am astonish to read the comment of Libra! He's probably sick or something... don't pay attention... :-)
Really good work Scott! The halftone effect is very very nice...

Scott James
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Scott James » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:27 pm

etrigan- thanks !!! i had fun with the story and was given a lot of room to play!

Libra - Thanks....and how so? I thought the subject matter was don quite tastefully!? I have drawn more and posted more risque?thing for M&M and the think tank! :D

Shinobi
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Shinobi » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:04 pm

Awesome Scott - I haven't read Savage Dragon in over 10 years - it may need a re-visit.

DrZero
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby DrZero » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:41 am

simply awesome Scott, makes me feel like throwing away my pens in frustration. As for the first page........ how could anyone resist that invitation :lol:

I have a question though.. how do you get the dot effect that seems to run throughout the background elements of the images? is it a PS filter?

Riddler
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Riddler » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:11 am

Awesome job!

etrigan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby etrigan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:46 am

It's look like the halftone PS filter... I may borrow this great idea for my own illustrations... It's really giving the art a comic book feel and putthe focus on the main characters!

Sunbear
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Sunbear » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 pm

I just got the Paragons book. I really love your art. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Scott James
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Scott James » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:34 am

Sunbear thanks there is more to come I'm actually doing the cover for the next M&M book!!!

as to the many inquiries about the dot pattern in the pages it is not a filter it is a Zipaton pattern scanned into photoshop and is an overlay!

R_Mortisse
Groupie
Groupie

Will the *REAL* 'Scott James', please stand up?!!

Postby R_Mortisse » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:46 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...
MAN, I am getting SOOOOOO tired of you!!! :evil:

When the 'VICTORIOUS' RPG hits the shelves, around March of '08,...
look for *MY* name in the credits, ya wannabe!!!

For the time being...

If you wanna see what a *REAL* 'Scott James' piece of artwork looks like...

HERE YA GO... :P

Shot at 2004-10-28

THIS is "R.E.S.P.E.C-Triumphant"...
It is *MY* hand-painted/digitally composited 18"x30" promo-poster, commemorating the inaugural launch of the City-of-Heroes MMO-RPG's 'RESPEC'-mission update cg-pack, from '04.

(Note: The insignia at the bottom, in red!!)
Yes! That is also my name in the green balloon (second from right) in the upper right hand corner. (I helped beta-test the update, playing the character: INFRA-MAN... the guy in black, shooting the lightning.)

THNX, for making the one-and-only thing I've EVER wanted in life all THAT MUCH HARDER to achieve!! (Ya 'name-stealin' bozo!!) Grrrrr...

BE LOOKING FOR YOU AT THE CONS! :twisted:
(...I'd practice 'ducking'.) :twisted: :twisted:

sincerely,
(*THE*) Gregory 'SCOTT' JAMES
Proprietor: 'Grigori Designs Studios'

P.S.)-- NAAAAAAAAAAAH! Actually, I'm just pulling your leg!! :lol:

Well,...
About the 'being-angry/gonna-pound-you' bit, at least.
Everything ELSE... is *TRUE*, tho.

My name *IS* Gregory 'Scott' James. (Hi. I go by 'Scott'. And, I'm *GLAD* I finally get to meet you. I've been trying to find a way to, for a while now... Since M&M-1e came out.) :)

I *AM* an artist and I *DID* paint the poster above. (...Promptly 'rejected' by the CoH forums, without the envelope ever even being opened, because *YOUR* name was on it!! *sigh* But, at least the 'rejection-notice' WAS 'nice'.) :roll:

*AND*, next year I *TOO* will be doing the cover of a D20 franchised, superhero roleplaying game...

(Well, actually 'TWO' covers for it. I ALSO wrote the introductory-adventure for it, did *17* of the interior illos., contributed three hero-concepts -w- histories for the universe's background-material, was 'in' on the initial playtesting AND design discussions, AND...
I WROTE, DIALOGUED, and PENCILLED the three-page intro-comic, which is currently being inked by my good pal 'Chris Walker'.) :shock:

(..."Whos the *REAL* artist named 'Scott James' now, B'YOTCH?!?!!!"...) :P :wink:

...which SHOULD be out sometime around March.
(...OR, I *will* kill Mike Stewie, for making me do ALL THAT WORK. And, I'm *NOT* joking about THAT, Mike!) :wink:

But, BEFORE THEN...
Lets *YOU*, *ME*, and *EVERYBODY ELSE* in the world get ONE THING STRAIGHT...

**I**...
AM...
***NOT***...

**YOU**!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

"GOT THAT?!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

GOOD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be seein' you at the cons, cuz!! :twisted: :wink:
Later!

P.S.S.)- Which side of the family are you from? Frank's? Or, Jessy's? (I'm from Jessy's.) :wink:

MythicBrawn
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby MythicBrawn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:45 am

I didn't know about the Savage Dragon story until I picked it up in the comic store. I was leafing through it and saw the artwork for that story and thought "That art is from the guy that draws stuff for MnM." I checked and sure enough, it was. You have a distinct style and it is very good work.

Scott James
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Scott James » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:00 am

R_Mortisse - ummmm Yah ....OK.....Hmmmm.....well I can honesty state your not short on words! :D well and as fer the name stealin'! was born in 71 and have been working in the gaming industry for 10 years! know I ask who's the the name stealer Gregory! :D 8) :lol: now as for Duckin' I don't duck for any thing...but doors and low light fixtures! :lol: being 6'5 260 pounds I dwarf most! Seriously though you have neat stuff and good luck and please feel free to drop by at any con to see what the real Scott James looks like Gregory!!! :lol:

MythicBrawn- Thanks fer checkin' it out I love Savage Dragon and Alex a lot...by far may most favorite book!!

Return to “Drawing Board”