A big Thank You!

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
Storn
Champion
Champion

A big Thank You!

Postby Storn » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:33 am

When the call came down to move all of our art threads to its own section, I was a bit dubious. I was a bit afraid that people wouldn't come and look. I was afraid that threads would stagnate and dry up.

That hasn't come to pass.

So, a big thank you to both the moderators and admins... and to the public. If you folks didn't come and look and comment and particpate, I could have easily seen this drying up quickly.
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
Sons of Kryos Gaming Podcast
www.sonsofkryos.com

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:12 am

Now if you could just charge $0.10 each time someone clicks on your art thread you could really be happy. :)
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Tipop
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Tipop » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:34 am

Google ads! Google ads!
What you're talking about is an issue where common sense conflicts with the letter of the rules. In that case, common sense should win out. - Steve Kenson

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: A big Thank You!

Postby mancerbear » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Storn wrote:So, a big thank you to both the moderators and admins... and to the public. If you folks didn't come and look and comment and particpate, I could have easily seen this drying up quickly.

Yep, I agree completely with you here Storn, and would like to add my thanks to yours.

Cheers,

Bretbo
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Bretbo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:11 pm

If I can toot my own horn here, I just started to notice a bunch of artist threads in different parts of the forum (some in General, some in Fan Resources) and thought, "wouldn't it make sense to put these all together?" Made the suggestion to organize them together and away we went.

The original idea of putting those posts in the Superlink part of the forum was to a) organize them in one place and b) give you guys more exposure to the publishers. But as many wise forum members noticed, they didn't really "belong" there; so GR was nice enough to create a whole other section for them: the Drawing Board. We even placed The Drawing Board close to Superlink Central so publishers wouldn't have to look far for artists.

Personally, I find the Drawing Board to be very useful, interesting and a lot of fun to peruse now and then. Thanks to everyone who help brainstorm this idea to what we now all enjoy (see, not just tooting my own horn). Heck, I even found a new avatar out of the deal.

Corsair
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Corsair » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:18 pm

And the rest of us lurkers steal pictures for use by NPCs and PCs. :)

Riddler
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Riddler » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:14 pm

I, too, am happy for the thread as I get to see all the great work.

Swordfire
Champion
Champion

Postby Swordfire » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:26 am

Corsair wrote:And the rest of us lurkers steal pictures for use by NPCs and PCs. :)

The hell with that! I'm happy just to browse and daydream... :)
"Death smiles at a man. All we can do is smile back."

White Howler
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby White Howler » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:54 am

All tha artist's on here are wonderful. I'm really glad that tha thread's doin' well for yall.

Return to “Drawing Board”