Sentientworlds' greyscales.

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
sentientworlds
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Sentientworlds' greyscales.

Postby sentientworlds » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:36 am

Greetings,

I've decided to post (as you may have guessed from the fact that I've started a thread in the 'Drawing Board') some of the drawings I have done. I enjoy drawing, and while I will never have the patience to be as good at it as I would like to be, every now and then I scribble something I enjoy looking at as much as I enjoyed scribbling it.

Please excuse the smudges...

A few years ago I started writing a graphic novel about an insane homeless person who becomes a 'super-hero'. No real powers or anything - he was just bloody scary, tough, silent and, as with the homicidal manics in the movies, always tended to show up just when you had thought you had gotten away. The text reads:
"Because serial killers are people too." and
"There's a hero in everyone."

Next, we have Birdman (original title, I know), a drawing I did for no reason. Man, it would be great to be able to fly...

Below is Asiya Basheera, the Muslim heroine caught between tradition and change.

And finally, for today, just a random alien Drone of the number that recently attacked my players in hordes from the invading alien ship hovering above Melbourne... they'll do that from time to time (in case you can't tell, I like the look of the Omega Drones that attacked Freedom City).

If you feel the need to comment, please do so. I'll put more up in time.

Keep on keepin' on!

sentientworlds
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby sentientworlds » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Here are a few more:

This is Dr. Ryan Thomas, the man responsible for giving my players their unique gifts, albeit against their will. (The text reads: "You can't leave yet; the experiment isn't over...!")

Some of you may already be familiar with Calypso, nature's chosen champion. (The text reads: "You will bow before Calypso; Nature's chosen champion!"):

This last one is one of my favourites. His real name is Paul James though I have yet to find an appropriate 'super name' for him. (The text reads: "Can we just get this over with?"):
If you have suggestions on a name, that would be great. His powers are basic - super strength, leaping, wall crawling plus immunities. Not exactly original (you could say he's your friendly neighbourhood superhero), but he has a great personality.

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:24 am

Cool art. You gonna post some more?

Herms
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Herms » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:37 pm

its not that bad but if you try to respect the body proportion then you might see some diffrence.

but you have most of the time the proportion right so kep it up!! :P
sorry for the bad spelling i speak french...

sentientworlds
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby sentientworlds » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks guys. I shall be posting more (and taking a closer look at the body proportion), at the moment however I've been finishing my final production for uni so it's all been a little crazy. See you around the forums!

Rubber Baron
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Rubber Baron » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:11 pm

I don't know what the powers are of the six-limbed fellow, but I would think The Ant or some other insectoid creature would be appropriate, depending on what he can do and how that relates to what insects can do. Other ideas might be to name him after other six-limbed mythical creatures like Dragon, Griffin, Centaur. Or take a traditional space opera stance and call him something like Thark or Barsoomian, especially if he uses swords or funny-looking guns.
Steve Perrin
A hero must be practical.

Return to “Drawing Board”