Character Art

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
ScottW
Bystander
Bystander

Character Art

Postby ScottW » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:52 pm

Hey all. Just picked up my copy of M&M and loving it!

I'm a professional artists and thought I'd offer my services for character art if anyone's interested. You can view my online portfolio at http://www.scottwegener.com

Here are a few character pieces I've done recently. There is tons more stuff on the website.

I hope its okay to advertise like this. I've got to pay for this RPG habbit somehow! :wink:

DMAC
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby DMAC » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:03 pm

Cool stuff. I recognize your work from the Drawing Board forums.

ScottW
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ScottW » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:59 am

Oh Hey!

Yes you do. :D DrawingBoard is a great site. Even when they are knit-picking my work to death. LOL

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:24 am

You do good work. If you keep posting your art here I'll be very happy to include you in my "list of artists I'd love to do a comic with." :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nikdo
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Nikdo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:38 am

ScottW--

I really like your style. I really like the three robots (they are robots, right?). Good stuff.

--Nikdo

ScottW
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ScottW » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:10 am

Libra -Cool. I'll be sure to keep posting stuff then. :)

Nikdo - thanks a lot! And yes, Atomic Robo is a red blooded robot. I'll be doing a comic book featuring him in September (out on in Oct/Nov). Brian Clevinger of 8 Bit Theater is writing the book. www.nuklearpower.com

Webhead
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Webhead » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:08 pm

Love the style of your work, ScottW! If I feel particularly bold, I might send you an idea or two for M&M character commissions (presuming my wife and budget allow... :wink: ).

I'd love to see more of your stuff. Your style slightly reminds me of Ben Caldwell...by which I mean "your art is excellent". Keep it up!
"You can't stop me! I'm the Fed-Exorcist! I'm like the Magneto of styrofoam!"

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:30 am

Mr Wegener, if you keep posting pictures, I'll keep posting praise. I must have the answer to one question though:

Is the man in the 'James Bond' situation meant to be Xander?!?

(He is in the second picture from the top in the 'Inks' section of your website.)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

ScottW
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ScottW » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:00 am

Webhead -by all means, I'd love to do some character. I'd really like to move into RPG art, and this seems like a great way to transition. There's tons more art on my website and blog. Hope you get a chance to check it out.

Libra -You are too kind. :)

The "James Bond" fellow is Dalton; secret agent and caretaker of the Amazing Joy BUzzards (a hip Inidie band/mystery solving quartet). They are the starts of a great comic book of the same name, written by Mark Smith and illustrated by Dan Hipp.

If Jossie & The Pussycats were indie/emo-punk, and boys, they would be the Amazing Joy Buzzards.

If you like geeks battling robot zombies I would recommend reading AJB. Vol1 and Vol2 are out in trade paperback format now.

Dalton though, is this smooth ladies man straight out fo the late 60's or early 70's. Since he is inspired by Bond I borrowed heavily from several Sean Connery movie posters (because he is the only TRUE 007).

The General
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The General » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:57 pm

I like your style and the pics on your website.

Killer of Demons, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction and your pages on the Sequentials link are great!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work (especially in color!) :D

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:24 am

I concur! :D

ReeboKesh
Comrade
Comrade

Postby ReeboKesh » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 am

Welcome Scott!

I love your stuff mate. You've managed to create a style that looks frikken cool without requiring a hell of a lot of detail. I a big fan of that kind of art style.

I've seen your work published somewhere before but I can't place it. Have you done any pics for RPGs or worked for either Marvel, DC or one of the Indy companies?

Later
Reebo

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:09 am

If he hasn't he should blasted well do so!

ScottW
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ScottW » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:46 am

Well, Killler of Demons will be my first real book when it comes out in a month or so. I've done a pin-up for Image's Fear Agent, but that's about it.

Some super-micro-small-press short stories through Ronin Studios' various anthologies. And I've got an up-coming short in Image's Wicked West II.

But other than that, no.

I'd LOVE to be doing some RPG work. I've sent emails inviting art directors to view my on-line portfolio to 3 or 4 RPG companies. MOST don't typically work with my sort of style. They prefer a more realistic approach -though I will clamp my jaw on what I think of the quality of that "realistic" stuff that makes it into print. :roll:

I did recently email Green Ronin. So who knows. I'd certainly love to do some M&M (or any) work for them.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:07 am

I'd love to see that work! :D

Return to “Drawing Board”