Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Storn Art Reboot

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.

Re: Storn Art Reboot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

great work - eager to hear about the comic/video game project you're involved with
dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Storn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 am

The comic project for Time Tribe took quite a bit of time. Then I took some time off for mini-vacation and then launched into an oil painting for a cover that I will share here in a mo'.

So I've been terrible about posting and showing artwork, partly, because I didn't have much I could show. Now that Time Tribe is in the can, I can share a finished page with y'all. And the cover of When In Rome written by Kate Jackman.

I have another oil painting that is almost done of a group of D&D characters in a group shot... already created in my single figure pics an posted here.

After that, it is back to chipping away at my backlog of character commissions and trying to catch up.

So, here is page 17 of Time Tribes with the "money shot" of the kids running off towards adventure!

And here is the cover to the upcoming novel "When in Rome"...which from what I've gathered is actually the name of the main character. And it is a sci fi novel, despite most of the trappings being more renaissance.

So. I will try to get art and posts up more frequently now. I never really went away, I've just been very busy.
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
Sons of Kryos Gaming Podcast
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 am

I have been working on this oil painting off and on for quite some time...having started it in the middle of the Time Tribes project, then having to rush a couple of other jobs in front of it and lastly, having appendicitis and going into the hospital suddenly. I am fine and recovering. Just played light tennis saturday night. I can resume swimming in the lake this coming Saturday. So, no worries. But it did enforce a serious art break.

Past viewers might recognize this party as private commissions I did earlier in the year.

Then, here is another concept from Death Tribble.. Eskimo Knell.

And lastly, I've got an Elven archer (or aka Noldor in Prophesy of Pendor).
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 am

Death Tribble, my commission patron extraordinaire came up with these three concepts.

I am working on another kickstarter, some news on that soon, I think.

And some Legend of 5 Rings cards...but it will be months before they come out... and the NDAs on those are tight. Don't want to show them until they are published, which can take some time.

But anyway, enough of my babbling, onto some art!!!

First up, British Badger. Sort of a laid back sort.

Next, we've got a Bollywood dancer

And lastly, Leopard Seal!

visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby peregrine » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Ouch.
peregrine
Cohort
Cohort

Postby death tribble » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:15 am

Ouch ?

Leopard SEAL deserves howls of agony, threats of retribution etc.

The above pictures shows Storn's range as an artist
Dangerous when cute
death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Storn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 am

So, I got the chance to do some art for a very intriguing kickstart called Sixcess Core Rulebook. They've given me the approval to show some of the art and to do a wee bit of guerrilla marketing for them.

The link will take you to the kickstarter, with a nice video, and there is a quick start pdf available too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129 ... e-rulebook

And here is some of the art that I did for them. First up, is a painted piece that was asked to be a "faux" Tarzan. We talked about how to make it a bit different than the Tarzan we know. Red hair was requested and that led me down a sorta viking cum jungle man character. And since the game is capable of multi-genre, it was asked to have a hodge podge of genre characters being stalked. The Harsh Realities crew asked specifically for the stalked characters, like Star trek wannabe and cowboy. I didn't make them up.

Next up is a sorta Mexican-cowboy-shaman. The character illustrations were requested to be done in my digital color over line art. So, I complied. This was a really cool concept presented to me by the Harsh Realities crew. I think they have very solid imaginations, I got to draw some characters that were a bit different for me.... and that is really saying something, considering how many character concept illustrations I've done over the years.

And here is the last one I'm gonna show (if ya wanna see more of my art, go support the kickstarter! <g>... my blatant attempt to always leave 'em wantin' more!). I really like Torque, as I came up with a bit of action to show off her post apocalyptic vibe. Of course, y'all are better judges than I. I'm always waaay to close to my artwork to really see what people like or don't like.

p.s. I've also been involved in the preliminary stages of a kickstarter aimed at Mutants and Masterminds ruleset. Those folks are not quite ready to put up their kickstart, when they do, I will let y'all know about it!
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Jeff Wilder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:57 am

I like all of those, but I especially like Torque. If she'd been my concept, I would have asked for her second weapon to be a sort of post-apocalyptic coup-stick.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coup-st ... 0&bih=1490
Jeff Wilder
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Storn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:49 am

Jeff Wilder wrote:I like all of those, but I especially like Torque. If she'd been my concept, I would have asked for her second weapon to be a sort of post-apocalyptic coup-stick.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coup-st ... 0&bih=1490

Torque was specifically stated by the client, carrying a "mace". So, that is what I came up with.

I mentioned that I would let you know about another kickstarter, this time, aimed at making a bunch of villains for the superhero role playing game, Mutants and Masterminds.

Okay. That was a bit of a run on sentence. But I'm leaving it. Because I'm amused. Sorry, that kind of day, as I'm knee deep in digital work for Legend of the Five Rings Collectable Card Game. Painting always leaves me a bit loopy.

Anyway, Robert Grady, the man behind this Kickstarter, had me do one art piece as a sample. So, first, here is the link to the Kickstarter: http://kck.st/VkW0KQ

And here be the art:

Seems pretty interesting bad guys for a pretty awesome game. Check it out!
visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby Storn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 am

My latest collection of fantasy pics for my clipart portfolio series is up at RPGnow. Link is here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/107417/Im ... rs=0_0_0_0

This collection has 6 different pics, ranging from a jungle ranger to a sorceress to a studly swordsman. Check it out. A sneak peak of all the art is available, so you can see what you are getting. All the pics are print resolution.

Just to whet the appetite, here is the cover to the collection.

I also have more from the fertile mind of Death Tribble. He wanted a "real six shooter" loup garou and a boxing british bulldog. His wish is my command!

visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby pawsplay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Storn wrote:Anyway, Robert Grady, the man behind this Kickstarter, had me do one art piece as a sample. So, first, here is the link to the Kickstarter: http://kck.st/VkW0KQ

And here be the art:

And thank you! You nailed it, I have to say. - RJ
Kickstarter: Tripod Machine presents Do Not Approach (Super-powered by M&M)
http://writeups.org - a big and growing collection of dual-statted character writeups!
pawsplay
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Storn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am

pawsplay wrote:
Storn wrote:Anyway, Robert Grady, the man behind this Kickstarter, had me do one art piece as a sample. So, first, here is the link to the Kickstarter: http://kck.st/VkW0KQ

And here be the art:

And thank you! You nailed it, I have to say. - RJ

So glad it worked!

Here is some more art. More from the fertile imaginings of patron extraordinaire, Death Tribble. Nuff said.

visual storytelling
www.StornArt.com
www.sonsofkryos.com
Storn
Champion
Champion

Postby hero4hire » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am

The Purple Nurple!
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby death tribble » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 am

Storn wrote:Here is some more art. More from the fertile imaginings of patron extraordinaire, Death Tribble. Nuff said.

Mechanus is a metal man and is deliberately not smooth as is the wont usually in comics.

And I wanted a ripped posing, preening Purple Brick.

At least Hero4hire did not say Purple Hulk.
Dangerous when cute
death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby hero4hire » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:30 am

I dig him. He reminds me of Power Boy sans the orange hair.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Drawing Board