Linked Extra // Télépathy

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
chatladin
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Linked Extra // Télépathy

Postby chatladin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:49 am

hello Steve,

I have read and searched troughout the core book, Ultimate Power Mastermind Manual and the forum to look for answer and so far, I have understood that the Linked Extra permit to add two powers as a one if they have the same range (usually the shortest) and the same action (the longest) .. So I would like some points to be clarified please :

- Flaws and Extras : in order to have some power Range and Action matched, some powers have to have Extras and/or Flaws to change their base Range and base Action. So these Extra/Flaws are to be included in the cost of the individual powers (changing the base cost with Extras/Flaws)or are they free (considered a automatic adjustment made by linking the powers together and keeping the same Base Cost)

- Extended Range : What about an linked power with Extended Range (like Communication) and one with a more Standard Range (like Mind Reading) (the reason "Telepathy" is in the title of this thread :D ). How Extended is treated in a linked Power ?

- Is Telepathy constructed with Mind Reading and Communication linked ?

Thanks

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”