Throwing: super strength and telekinesis

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
xavionstar
Bystander
Bystander

Throwing: super strength and telekinesis

Postby xavionstar » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 am

My GM and i have wrestled over the throwing of a person time and again. Its only natural that we have 2 players, one telekinetic and one with super strength, who often toss people about like rag dolls. The distance rule given for objects seems a bit....powerful. It basically allows u to take someone completely out of a fight by flinging them thousands of feet away. Also how do u suggest we deal with throwing them into something. Do they just take dmg from the toughness of the object with which they collide? Does their effective strength play into any bonus dmg? I would assume the stronger you are, or ur telekinesis is, the harder you can throw and so the harder they would hit whatever u threw them at.
Any insight into this u can give would be greatly appreciated steve.

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 pm

A decent guideline is to treat the throw like knockback, using the Str bonus as the knockback result for determining damage.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”