Narrow skills [MaMa Option]

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
Chris F
Collaborator
Collaborator

Narrow skills [MaMa Option]

Postby Chris F » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 am

Steve:
I would like to add some more-specialized versions of the Notice skill, for the detection of esoteric phenomena (Magic, Psi, etc.). Should such skills be less expensive than normal due to their limited scope?

Similarly, can I apply the Narrow Skills option from the Mastermind's Manual to some skills, while allowing other skills to retain their full breadth? If so, should the narrow skills be less expensive?

Thanks!

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Narrow skills [MaMa Option]

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Chris F wrote:I would like to add some more-specialized versions of the Notice skill, for the detection of esoteric phenomena (Magic, Psi, etc.). Should such skills be less expensive than normal due to their limited scope?

Similarly, can I apply the Narrow Skills option from the Mastermind's Manual to some skills, while allowing other skills to retain their full breadth? If so, should the narrow skills be less expensive?

These aren't really my call, Chris, it's your game!

If you're asking my "permission" to mix-and-match narrow and wider skills at different costs then, sure, if it works for you and your players, go for it!
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”