Duplication, feat questions

Ask M&M 2e rules questions that your fellow gamers can't answer. Only Mutants & Masterminds Line Developer (and creator) Steve Kenson can post replies. He visits the boards in between projects and convention appearances so please be patient!
nedkelly
Bystander
Bystander

Duplication, feat questions

Postby nedkelly » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 pm

I have a couple questions about the game play of this power:

1. With the duplication power, you can take the 'Heroic' feat so your dupes aren't subject to the minion rules. Among other things, does this mean that you have to roll initiative for each duplicate? Also when duplicates are created during a combat, do they follow the standard rules for a new combatant entering into a combat?

2. If you have the progression feat at rank 6 (100 possible duplicates), does the Horde feat really allow you to summon all 100 of them with a standard action?

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Re: Duplication, feat questions

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:33 pm

nedkelly wrote:1. With the duplication power, you can take the 'Heroic' feat so your dupes aren't subject to the minion rules. Among other things, does this mean that you have to roll initiative for each duplicate? Also when duplicates are created during a combat, do they follow the standard rules for a new combatant entering into a combat?

First, Heroic is an extra, not a feat.

Second, I have duplicates (heroic and non-heroic) all use the same initiative roll (figuring they tend to think and act alike). If you and your GM really want to roll separately for however many dupes, feel free, but I think you're buying very little with all that effort.

2. If you have the progression feat at rank 6 (100 possible duplicates), does the Horde feat really allow you to summon all 100 of them with a standard action?

That's what it means. However, a GM who lets a player character have a horde of 100 duplicates is just asking for trouble (IMHO).
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

Return to “Official Rules Questions (Second Edition)”